Gunfire Fails To Thwart Tower Plans
- Crown Castle buys Australian towers. // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p5
Focuses on Crown Castle International Corp.'s Australian subsidiary's plan to acquire hundreds of wireless communications towers from Vodafone Australia.
- Cash cow found in towers. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;12/21/98, Vol. 235 Issue 25, p56
Details the growth of tower companies in the United States that offer management of the site selection process and tower construction for wireless communication operators. Return on investments offered by the towers; Joint venture formed by Bell Atlantic Mobile with a tower company.
- Survey credits tower-market growth to demand, value and financing. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p22
Focuses on a survey conducted by Fryer's TowerSource, which suggests that third-generation wireless Web users account for 5 percent of all tower site users.
- Tower challenges. Ford, Tracy // RCR;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p12
Focuses on issues related to communication towers affecting the wireless communications industry of the United States. Study which found no link between the cluster of towers on Lookout Mountain and brain tumors among people who live near the area; Texas jury's order for GTE Wireless to pay a...
- Carriers can use towers for added revenue. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;07/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p21
Reports on an added revenue for wireless carriers as discussed during the 1999 Internet Solutions and Opportunities Conference, sponsored by the National Telephone Cooperative Association. Collocation of equipment on towers operating in unlicensed frequency bands to provide fixed high-speed...
- PRINCE EDWARD COUNTY, VA GETS WIRELESS NETWORK EXPANSION. // RBOC Update;Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the expansion of the wireless network of Verizon Wireless in Prince Edward County, Virginia. The expansion involves the erection of a new cell site which improves coverage in Western Farmville along US 460 and surrounding areas. It is also part of the company's...
- LANCASTER COUNTY, VA GETS NEW CELLSITE. // RBOC Update;Feb2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the expansion of the wireless network of Verizon Wireless in Lancaster County, Virginia. The expansion involves the erection of a new cell site which improves coverage in the Whitestone area between Kilmarnock and Hartfield. it is also part of the company's multi-billion...
- Florida group requests towers far from schools. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;04/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p1
Reports that concerns of constituent complaints about wireless tower proliferation, has lead congressman Robert Wexler of Florida, to consider legislation to overturn the antenna siting provision of the 1996 telecom act. Contents of a letter by Wexler to a group Families Against Cell Towers at...
- Working with wireless carriers. McNamara, Kevin // Radio Magazine;Apr2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
Discusses the benefits of owning a radio tower. Potential revenue opportunities from leasing tower space to a wireless carrier; Factors considered by wireless carriers in choosing tower sites; Basic types of sites; Pros and cons of each type of site.