AWS Moves Forward With EDGE
- Centigram Extends Services To WAP. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p41
Reports that Centigram Communications, a wireless carrier is extending its suit of services to meet the needs of Wireless Application Protocol applications for mobile Internet services. Purpose of Centigram's alliance with Nortel's e-mobility services platform; Functions of Nortel's e-mobility...
- AT&T could add third equipment vendor. // RCR;08/23/99, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p2
Reports on AT&T Wireless Services Inc.'s plan to contract with Nortel Networks as an additional supplier of time division multiple access equipment.
- Road to 3G begins in Seattle for AT&T Wireless. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;7/30/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p21
Reports the upgrading of AT&T Wireless Corp.'s network protocol in Seattle, Washington. Aim and purpose of the upgrading; Completion of the construction of an overlay network; Advantages in upgrading the technologies.
- Western's DSL Move May Take On LECs. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p1
Announces the supply pact of cellular carrier Western Wireless with Nortel. Terms of their supply pact; Views of analysts on potential buyers like AT&T Wireless Services for Western; Reasons for the appeal of Western to buyers; Advantage of Western's digital subscriber line technology to...
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Presents news on the telecommunication business as of June 4, 2001. Agreement between AT&T Wireless and Western Wireless Corp.; Accusation of Agere Systems Inc. against Proxim Inc.; Supplier of computer chips to Nortel Networks Corporation.
- Nooks & Crannies. Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;12/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p40
Focuses on the emphasis being given to in-building solutions in order to expand the scope of coverage of wireless telephony. Market opportunities seen by carriers; Features of Nortel's Companion system; Difficulty in producing dual-mode handsets; Effort of AT&T Wireless Services in providing...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p20
Presents updates related to wireless service providers as of November 11, 2001. Partnership between AT&T Wireless and SingleTap for the Wireless Mobile Connection Download Center of AT&T for its Pocket personal computer devices; Commercial availability for the intelligent asymmetric radio...
- 3G Gets Helping Hand from AT&T, Verizon. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;8/2/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 31, pN.PAG
Reports on the plan of AT&T Wireless with Nortel Networks to implement third-generation (3G) cellular service in U.S. cities following announcement of similar plans by Verizon. Features of the Universal Mobile Telecommunications System wireless networks to be launched by AT&T; Difficulties...
- Carriers' plans are up in the airwaves. Rendleman, John; Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;07/24/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p15
Discusses the strategies of several telecommunications carriers for deploying fixed wireless data services. Plan of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. to launch fixed wireless services in four United States cities in December 2000; Rural fixed wireless trial of Western Wireless Corp. and Nortel...