Ignition Invests In Messaging
- E-mail solutions company snares second-round funding. Meyer, Dan // RCR;06/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p37
Reports on Ignition Corp.'s first investment in the wireless market via a second-round financing for etrieve Inc., a provider of e-mail messaging solutions for mobile customers.
- Ex-Microsoft executives wild about wireless. McCarthy, Jack // Network World;06/19/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p62
Reports on Washington-based Ignition's investment in Portland, Oregon-based Etrieve, a start-up company that offers electronic mail management products for cellular telephone users. Company background; Background on former Microsoft executives' establishment of Ignition.
- Sparks in the air. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;06/12/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 24, p12
Deals with the Ignition's plans to drive mobilization of the Internet through etrieve, a mobile electronic mail management system developer. Implication of the move; Features and benefits of the mobile message management (M3) being offered by etrieve; Statements issued by Mike Maerz, chairman...
- Ex-Microsoft execs eye wireless firms with venture funds. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;06/19/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p20
Looks at the first investment made by venture capital company Ignition which was founded by a group of former Microsoft Corp. executives. Details on the investment; Other investment plans of ignition.
- Site Of The Week. // Wireless Week;07/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 27, p24
Provides information on etrieve.com, the Web page of etrieve Inc. Background information on the company; Nature of its business; Features of the Web page.
- Ignition's Investment Strategy Paying Off. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p13
Reports on the decision of Ignition Corp. to continue its commitment to fund and nurture new wireless companies despite a slow in overall investments in wireless startups, as of April 2002. Background on the company; Amount raised by the firm for its second fund in December 2001; Startups where...
- etrieve's Service Rescues Drowning Execs. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;12/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p54
Offers information about the mobile message management text-to-speech service of etrieve Inc. Target market of the service; Marketing strategy of the company.
- Qwesting For Business. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p18
Presents information on the voice service called Virtual Desk offered by Qwest Wireless in partnership with the wireless application service provider etrieve Incorporated. Predicted number of wireless data users worldwide by 2004; Motive behind Virtual Desk; Monthly price per user.
- Nextel Takes Shine To etrieve Service. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p18
Reports that Nextel Communications Inc. will offer etrieve Incorporated's text-to-speech service to its business-focused subscriber base. What the service lets users; Why the carrier was attracted to the etrieve service; Nextel's Web site.