AT&T Ups Ante In Broadband
- AT&T's LightWire combines small fiber serving areas with dense wavelength-division multiplexing. Gall, Don; Shapiro, Mitch // Lightwave;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p16
Provides information on LightWire, a broadband network architecture developed by AT&T. Field trial conducted on the network; Potential benefits offered by LightWire; key elements of the architecture.
- AT&T Brings U-Verse Services to more than 23,000, Additional Customers in Chicago. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;10/30/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p4
The article discusses the expansion of telecommunications corporation AT&T's U-Verse Services in Chicago, Illinois, and evaluates the features of the television and broadband service.
- AT&T puts broadband service on-line. Wallace, Bob // InfoWorld;12/13/93, Vol. 15 Issue 50, p10
Reports on American Telephone and Telegraph Co.'s Accunet T155 broadband service. Aiming for users who need to support high-capacity local area networks interconnections for imaging, computer-assisted design and manufacturing applications; Major carriers expected to follow suit; Prices; Need to...
- AT&T to deliver U-verse with GigaPower in Jacksonville, Florida. // FttX;Sep2014, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the confirmation of telecommunication company AT&T Inc. regarding the expansion of its GigaPower high-speed Internet service to Jacksonville, Florida.
- AT&T targets businesses with Internet solutions. // CED;Nov99, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p12
Reports on AT&T Corp.'s plan to extend broadband services to businesses with a suite of Cable Internet and Digital Subscriber Line Internet solutions. Businesses with remote office locations as target of the company; Start of market trials of hybrid Fiber/coaxial Cable Internet services in the...
- AT&T Launches Gigapower in Charlotte. // FttX;Jun2015, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p5
The article offers brief information on the high speed internet service U-verse with AT&T GigaPower from AT&T.
- AT&T to Cap Data Usage May 2. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/18/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p10
The article reports that on May 2, 2011, AT&T will limit amount of broadband data subscribers can download for free, impacting movie and television downloads at 150 gigabytes (GB) per month for residential and DSL plans, and 250 GB for those with residential U-verse plans.
- AT&T Commits to Bringing Broadband to more than 81,000 Rural Homes and Businesses in Tennessee. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;9/25/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p13
The article reports on the plan of telecommunications firm AT&T to extend broadband to more than 81000 rural homes and businesses in Tennessee over the next six years and mentions views of Joelle Phillips, president of AT&T in Tennessee, on the same.
- Fiber: Friend Or Foe To DSL? // Electronic Design;3/29/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p55
The article discusses the installation of fiber to the homes (FTTH) in the U.S. It is emphasized that fiber installation directly to the home costs justifiable. The author asserts that the passive optical networks are very affordable and it takes a step to give every subscriber up to 100Mbits/s...