Qualcomm Lands Deals In China
- CDMA Leaders Take Charge. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p43
Reports on the implications of code division multiple access technology for the business of Qualcomm Inc. Factors which contributed to the 1999 increase of Qualcomm's stock price; Technology focus of Qualcomm; Forecast on Qualcomm's third generation wireless technology. INSET: An Attitude Of...
- Qualcomm forms optimization unit. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/04/98, Vol. 234 Issue 18, p18
Reports on the establishment of a subsidiary firm by Qualcomm called the QSource CDMA Optimization Services. Offered services; Reason for establishment of subsidiary firm; Benefits of code division multiple access to carriers.
- Qualcomm demonstrates data over Moscow network. // RCR;05/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p16
Reports that the capabilities of Qualcomm Incorporated's code division multiple access One wireless data was demonstrated at the ExpoComm Moscow '98 Show, on JSC Personal Communications' Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) network. Comments from Qualcomm official Ron Uhlig; Reference to the...
- UCSD Connect Honors Cos. for 'Most Innovative New Products.' Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p9
Reports the award given to Qualcomm Inc. during the 14th annual Most Innovative New Products awards in San Diego, California on December 5, 2001. Recognition of the company's Code Division Multiple Access technology; Features of the product; List of other winners.
- QUALCOMM DEALS SCRUTINIZED AFTER MAJOR WRITE-DOWNS. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;2/18/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 7, p14
Deals with the investment strategy of Qualcomm to code division multiple access memory (CDMA) technology. Examples of companies where Qualcomm has investments; Reason for considering Qualcomm's strategy as unlikely to produce an acceptable return on investment; View of analysts toward CDMA as...
- What I am still nervous about Qualcomm's prospects. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;5/1/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 7, p35
Examines the prospects of Qualcomm on code division multiple access (CDMA). Mandating the deployment of a CDMA network in Iraq; Need for CDMA to recast itself as a serious global rival to global system for mobile communications and Universal Mobile Telecommunication System.
- Making 3G work. Seybold, Andrew // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p26
Suggests that the code division multiple access (CDMA) industry should get together and develop a CDMA2000 1X EV-DO network. Reason why Qualcomm and the CDMA community did not band together; Effect of pooling the spectrum available to CDMA operators; Advantage of CDMA2000 community.
- Qualcomm to buy U.K. handset co. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p1
Reports the efforts of Qualcomm Inc. to deploy code division multiple access technology in Europe. Plans of Qualcomm to acquire Tellit Communications Ltd.; Mandate of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute to use Global System for Mobile communication technology; Creation of a Low...
- Sony's handsets picked for Houston. // RCR;12/02/96, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p12
States that Sony/Qualcomm code division multiple access (CDMA) sales, a division of Qualcomm Personal Electronics, will supply Sony CMD500 handsets for GTE Incorporated's launch of Code Division Multiple Access digital service. Where the service will be launched; How do the phones function;...