FDA Will Research Phone Use
- How to Answer When They Ask About Cancer. Kridel, Tim; Rockhold, John // Wireless Review;07/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p8
Reports on concerns on the cancer promoting effects of the electromagnetic radio signals emitted by wireless phones. Position of the CTIA on the cancer issues of wireless phones; Public awareness efforts made by CTIA regarding the safety of wireless phones; Renewed research commitment of CTIA on...
- Ideas Abound AT WirelessAgenda. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p20
Previews the WirelessAgenda conference sponsored by the CTIA which will be held on May 15, 2001 in Dallas, Texas. Expected attendance to the conference; Speakers at the conference; Issues related to the wireless industry which will be discussed in the conference.
- Super Mobility 2015 Not Forgetting Retail. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/7/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p9
The article offers information on the CTIA-The Wireless Association's Super Mobility 2015 trade show to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada on September 9-11.
- CTIA Launches KnowMyApp Website to Help Consumers. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;12/27/2013, p2
The article announces the launch of wireless telecommunications industry trade group CTIA's KnowMyapp.org website which informs consumers how much data their favorite applications are using.
- Health Debate Showdown. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p1
Focuses on the plan of the United States (US) Federal Communications Commission to conduct its own handset tests for bioeffects of wireless devices. What prompted the commission to conduct handset tests; Cause of criticism to the commission's handset authorization process; Role of the US Food...
- Medication Safety and Reliability. FDA adverse drug events app for public health crises could expand to more general adverse event reporting. Walker, Tracey // Formulary;Feb2012, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p79
The article reports on a 2012 announcement from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. In the announcement the administration indicated that as a result of the 2009 H1N1 influenza outbreak it was planning to create a mobile device application that will help gather information about and send out...
- FDA Takes On Cellphone Cancer Risks. // TelecomWeb News Digest;4/6/2006, p5
This article reports on the plan of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to convene a meeting to evaluate research conducted to date in area of cellphone emissions and personal health and identify gaps in knowledge that warrant additional research. The move plan of the FDA was a result of...
- Carestream Receives FDA Clearance Letter for Mobile Use of Its Vue Motion Medical Image Viewer. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;11/21/2011, Vol. 21, p816
The article reports that Carestream in Rochester, New York receives a clearance letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on the use of its Vue Motion medical image viewer with mobile devices. According to Diana Nole, President of Digital Medical Solutions, the Vue Motion viewer...
- Markey, FDA agree on need for RF studies, no hint of next step. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;05/12/97, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p3
Reports that the Food and Drug Administration ,and Representative Edward Markey, have agreed that studies of radio frequency radiation in regards to cellular telephones, be conducted. Factors prompting the necessity of these studies; Health risks associated with the use of cellular phones;...