Transport of a national kind
- The balance between rail and road is set to change. // Professional Engineering;01/14/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p8
Looks at the encouragement of freight on to rail, by the Rail Freight Group, and the increase of fuel tax and road congestion charging. Comments from Lord Berkeley, chairman of the Rail Freight Group; Reference to having a system whereas heavy goods vehicles have charged their full, indirect...
- Air transportation services. // Fairfield County Business Journal;95-96 Book of Lists, Vol. 34 Issue 52, p123
Presents a list of air transportation services in Fairfield County and Westchester County. Aircraft Charter Sikorsky Memorial Airport; Carnival Airlines Stewart International Airport.
- Untitled. // Traffic World;2/28/94, Vol. 237 Issue 9, p7
Reports on development in the freight and transportation industry. Refusal of the Teamsters union to yield to the weight limit policy of United Parcel Service; Referendum on Teamsters dues increases; Meeting of Transportation Secretary Federico Pena and transport labor leaders.
- The back page. Page, Paul // Traffic World;2/28/94, Vol. 237 Issue 9, p55
Presents freight and transport industry miscellanea and humor. Unveiling of official portrait of Samuel K. Skinner at the Department of Transportation; Representatives Bob Carr and Norman Mineta as skating rink antagonists.
- IMCs anticipate more growth. Siegel, Stewart // Fleet Owner;Aug96, Vol. 91 Issue 8, p108
Reports on the growth of intermodal marketing companies in the United States during the first quarter of 1996.
- Tapping the gold mine of inbound opportunities. Marien, Edward J. // Transportation & Distribution;Nov96, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p88
Observes practices in freight and freightage in the United States. Terms to remember in freight sales; Responsibility of receiver for cargo risk in transit and all freight charges; Right of shipper to route and select carrier.
- India Freight Industry Booming. // Air Cargo World;Jan2010, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p14
The article analyzes the freight industry of India, which, according to consulting company Novonous, is expected to grow at 10% per annum to the year 2014.
- Port Metro Vancouver announces 'Smart Fleet' trucking strategy. Whistler, Deborah // Fleet Owner Blog;3/5/2013, p8
The article reports on the launch of the Smart Fleet trucking strategy of Port Metro Vancouver in British Columbia in March 2013.
- GFIA Freight By The Numbers. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 50, pB5
Presents a chart depicting poundage comparisons for mail, freight and total cargo shipped from and received at the Gerald R. Ford International Airport in Kent County, Michigan October 2001.