Cellmates for a fright night
- Using day reporting centers as an alternative to jails. Diggs, David W.; Pieper, Stephen L. // Federal Probation;Mar1994, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p9
Provides a brief history of day reporting centers. Operation; Purpose as exemplified by Orange County, Florida's day reporting center; Popularity.
- The Comprehensive Sanctions Center in the Northern District of Ohio. Callahan, Joseph V.; Koenning, Keith A. // Federal Probation;Sep95, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p52
Describes the Comprehensive Sanctions Center, the Northern District of Ohio's intensive, multidimensional halfway house program that incorporates several rehabilitation programs and varying levels of supervision. Ability to address each offender's incarceration and rehabilitation needs through...
- Goshen Secure Center houses to be auctioned. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/29/93 - 12/6/93, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p31
Announces the public auction of a two-arc parcel formerly used as staff housing for the adjacent Division of Youth facility known as Goshen Secure Center located on County Route 42, Goshen, New York on November 30, 1993. Background on the houses; Auction rules and requirements.
- New county jail only part of bigger East Cleve. plans. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/09/97, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p6
Reports that Cuyahoga County and officials in East Cleveland have reached an agreement to build a correctional facility in East Cleveland. Benefits of facility to area; Terms of agreement; Amount of money allotted to the facility; Detailed information on facility.
- Then and now: The fruits of late 20th century penal reform. Durham III, Alexis M. // Federal Probation;Sep91, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the penal reforms implemented in the United States during the 1970s. Impact on crime rates; Incarceration; Fear of crime; Penal reforms' failure to meet their objectives.
- Public policy and sentencing reform: The politics of corrections. Benekos, P.J. // Federal Probation;Mar1992, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p4
Examines the legislative initiative of the 1991 proposal by the Pennsylvania Legislature in the context of the sentencing reform, prison crowding, and the politicized nature of crime control policy. The crime issue; Sentencing policy; Sentencing reform in Pennsylvania; Proposed reform:...
- Crime and no punishment. McGovern, Celeste // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/8/96, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p18
Investigates a push for hard-right revolution in Canada's `soft-touch' prisons. View that Canadian prisoners are receiving a collection of enviable amenities and benefits; MP Randy White's list of `absurdities' in the Canadian penal system; Price-reduced education; Free room and board; The...
- Feds get jail in Grande Cache. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/10/95, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p41
Reports that the Alberta government has leased its Grande Cache Correctional Center to the federal government for 25 years.
- Commissioners consider temporary jail. Crews, Chris // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/23/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p1A
The article reports on the plan of County Judge Donna Klaeger, Sheriff Joe Pollock, and members of the Texas Commission on Jail Standards to construct temporary jail in Burnet County, Texas.