Cellmates for a fright night
- Using day reporting centers as an alternative to jails. Diggs, David W.; Pieper, Stephen L. // Federal Probation;Mar1994, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p9
Provides a brief history of day reporting centers. Operation; Purpose as exemplified by Orange County, Florida's day reporting center; Popularity.
- The Comprehensive Sanctions Center in the Northern District of Ohio. Callahan, Joseph V.; Koenning, Keith A. // Federal Probation;Sep95, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p52
Describes the Comprehensive Sanctions Center, the Northern District of Ohio's intensive, multidimensional halfway house program that incorporates several rehabilitation programs and varying levels of supervision. Ability to address each offender's incarceration and rehabilitation needs through...
- New county jail only part of bigger East Cleve. plans. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/09/97, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p6
Reports that Cuyahoga County and officials in East Cleveland have reached an agreement to build a correctional facility in East Cleveland. Benefits of facility to area; Terms of agreement; Amount of money allotted to the facility; Detailed information on facility.
- Then and now: The fruits of late 20th century penal reform. Durham III, Alexis M. // Federal Probation;Sep91, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the penal reforms implemented in the United States during the 1970s. Impact on crime rates; Incarceration; Fear of crime; Penal reforms' failure to meet their objectives.
- Public policy and sentencing reform: The politics of corrections. Benekos, P.J. // Federal Probation;Mar1992, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p4
Examines the legislative initiative of the 1991 proposal by the Pennsylvania Legislature in the context of the sentencing reform, prison crowding, and the politicized nature of crime control policy. The crime issue; Sentencing policy; Sentencing reform in Pennsylvania; Proposed reform:...
- Commissioners consider temporary jail. Crews, Chris // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/23/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p1A
The article reports on the plan of County Judge Donna Klaeger, Sheriff Joe Pollock, and members of the Texas Commission on Jail Standards to construct temporary jail in Burnet County, Texas.
- The cost of reclamation. Zimmermann, Carol Rapp // Corrections Today;Jun96, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on RECLAIM Ohio program which allows Ohio Department of Youth Services to distribute to the counties the majority of money allocated by the state for the secure incapacitation of juvenile offenders. Cost-benefit relationship of correctional alternatives; Comments of Judge Mike Radabaugh...
- A firsthand look at day-to-day operations. // Corrections Today;Jun96, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p50
Features the Metro-Davidson County Detention Facility/Work Center Construction Site in Nashville, Tennessee. Management of the security facility by the Corrections Corporation of America; Tour information.
- Resource grab bag. // Corrections Today;Jun96, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p96
Features several literature concerning correctional facilities. Includes American Sociological Association's report `Social Cause of Violence: Crafting a Science Agenda'; Bureau of Justice Assistance and National Crime Prevention Council's book `350 Tested Strategies to Prevent Crime: A Resource...