Opera returns to Earls Court
- An operatic read-aloud for music and art. Matanzo, Jane Brady; Richardson, Judy S. // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Mar98, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p490
Analyzes the operatic story entitled `Aida,' composed by Giuseppe Verdi. Summary outline of the story; Activities for music classes; Musical resources; Specific art activities; Specific language arts activities. INSET: Read-aloud from `Aida'..
- Legit reviews. Taylor, Markland // Variety;5/13/96, Vol. 363 Issue 2, p78
Reviews the opera `Aida' produced by Guiseppe Verdi, and conducted by Giorgio Notef.
- Businesses are in tune. Ash, Leonard D.; Sutherland, Billie // San Diego Business Journal;5/06/96, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the San Diego Opera's Corporate Council members who were recognized for being as good as gold on the set `Aida.' Sponsors honored for their membership in the San Diego Opera Corporate Council; Amount of money donated; Names of some of the companies that sponsored the program; Bank of...
- Traveller returns in triumph. Hoad, Brian // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/8/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5982, p78
Reviews the opera `Aida,' by Giuseppe Verdi.
- 'Aida's' opening aria. Hofler, Robert // Variety;03/27/00, Vol. 378 Issue 6, p79
Reports on the premier of the opera 'Aida,' by Verdi at the Palace theater in Los Angeles, California on March 23, 2000. Celebrities who attended the premiere; Comments of book writer David Henry on the difference of the opera from the original production.
- Epically shameless ostentation. Millet, Naomi // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/29/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6044, p91
Reviews Michael Edgley's production of the opera `Aida,' which premiered at the Burswood Dome in Perth, Western Australia.
- Fresh take on a hoary concept. Hunt, Ian // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/20/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6034, p77
Features the Victoria State Opera's presentation of the opera `Aida,' until August 24, 1996. Enhancement of the credibility of the intimate scenes; Support given by the cast and the musical director to director Michael Edwards.
- Simon `Superb' Estes scores at the Met. Abdul // New York Amsterdam News;11/25/99, Vol. 90 Issue 48, p27
Reviews the performances of singers in Verdi's opera `Aida' staged by Metropolitan Opera. Includes Leontyne Price; Sharon Sweet; Dolora Zajick.
- Epic Proportions. Clark, Mike // Entertainment Design;Mar2004, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the production of the opera "Aida" at Jamsil Olympic Stadium in Seoul, South Korea. Sound designer; Way to ensure correct acoustic focus; Fixtures used in the opera.