Post Office to go on the road
- GPO charges up. // Accountancy;Feb1975, Vol. 86 Issue 978, p11
Reports that the British Post Office has requested increases in telecommunication charges. Exchange line rentals; Rate for first class and second class letters; Inland parcel post rates.
- Rural post offices `at risk from competition'. Day, Karen // Public Finance;07/23/99, p12
Reports on the British Post Office's claims on the ability of the rural postal service to survive increased competition. Findings of the office on the impact of competition on the service's profitability; Proposals from a white paper for the body to gain greater financial freedom and reduce its...
- Why a repackage won't save the PO. // Marketing Week;8/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p19
Comments on the planned rebranding of the British Postal Office. Purpose of the revamp; Competition facing the office following the liberalization of postal services in Europe; Government proposals to end the office's monopoly in certain sectors.
- Delivery pains. Bartram, Peter // Director;Sep2000, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p56
Talks about the deregulation of Post Office in Great Britain. Amount invested in distribution business; Criticisms faced by the Post Office from the Post Office Users' National Council regarding its first-class delivery service; Impact of deregulation on British postal services. INSETS: IN...
- Post Office aims at mothers with bills reward plan. // Marketing (00253650);9/14/2000, p8
Reports that the British Post Office will reward customers who pay household bills through its network as part of an ongoing strategy to make the brand more relevant and accessible to consumers.
- Post Office is 'perennial problem'. // Accountancy;Nov87, Vol. 100 Issue 1131, p9
Reports on the failure of the British Post Office to deliver on time the results of the July 1987 accounting examinations to the candidates. Cause of the delay; Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales' reaction to the delay; Launch of an inquiry into the delayed arrival of the...
- Post, Britannia. Cassidy, William B.; Parker, John // Traffic World;5/15/2000, Vol. 262 Issue 7, p11
Focuses on the efforts of the Post Office of Great Britain to expand its operations through the purchase of parcel companies, distribution companies and overnight delivery firms worldwide. Efforts to reinforce its position in Europe; Dominance of Germany's Deutsche Post World Net.
- Success in a mail world. Hirschkorn, Jenny // Accountancy;May2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1317, p48
When Britain's nationalised postal service was in the throes of adopting a unique structure, whereby it would become a PLC but with the government continuing to be the sole shareholder, the idea was that it would mimic a Financial Times and London Stock Exchange 100 company and that it would...
- Post Office - Merry chest bump. // Campaign;11/27/2015, p20
A review is offered of a television advertisement for the British Post Office.