- Who's the boss? Niles, B. // Country Living;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p42
Reflects on the forces of nature that can't be tamed by man, as seen in Hurricane Hugo and the San Francisco-area earthquake of fall 1989. How man seeks to change nature; Negative consequences.
- Stocking up on...everything. Shaffer, Jeffrey // Christian Science Monitor;3/9/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 72, p11
Discusses preparations made by people for natural disasters.
- When the sky is falling. Csatari, Jeffrey // Men's Health;May96, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p33
Presents tips on what to do during natural disasters. Includes protecting oneself from debris during tornadoes; Hiding in an interior bathroom during hurricanes; Going to higher grounds in cases of flash floods.
- Alternative disaster bill proposed. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;3/25/96, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p3
States that the Natural Disaster Coalition is putting together a four-point proposal which deals with natural disaster insurance. Comments made.
- Smithsonian horizons. Adams, Robert McC. // Smithsonian;Jan94, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p8
Calls for a balance of environmental and economic concerns in plans for future natural disasters. How our provisions for risks decline in proportion to their declining probability; Example of the Midwest floods of summer 1993; The argument for forgoing human use in productive farmland because...
- Earth chronicles. // Earth;Apr95, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p15
Presents a list of natural disasters which occurred from the period of November 9, 1994 to January 16, 1995. Earthquakes of magnitude 6.4 and higher; Fires; Tropical storms and typhoons; Tsunamis; Avalanches; Volcanic eruption; Tornadoes.
- Earth chronicles. // Earth;Dec95, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p15
Presents an earth science dateline covering the period July 5 to September 6, 1995. Report of earthquakes with a magnitude of 6.5 and higher; Earthquake in the Burma-China border on July 11; Heat wave across the Midwestern United States; Soufriere Hills Volcano's eruption; Flashflood in...
- Earth chronicles. // Earth (1056148X);Apr96, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p15
Presents a list of natural disasters that happened between November 2, 1995 to January 2, 1996. Includes the Typhoon Angela in the Philippines; Unexpected storm in the mountains of Nepal; Blizzard in New York.
- Earth chronicles. // Earth;Jun96, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p15
Presents a list of natural disasters from January 3 to March 4, 1996. Includes blizzard in the East Coast of the United States; Collapse of dikes in China due to strong currents in the Yangtze River; Earthquake in the Kermadec Island, New Zealand.
- Earth chronicles. // Earth (1056148X);Aug96, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p15
Presents a chronicle of earthquakes and other natural disasters which occurred from March 5 to May 2, 1996. Includes earthquake at the southern Ryuku island chain off Taiwan and volcanic eruptions at Popocatepetl Volcano and Komagatake Volcano on March 5; Snow avalanche in western China on...