PCCA president's profile: Bill Musselman
- O.K., Who's In Charge Here? A series of questionable player deals by the Cleveland Cavaliers has brought the NBA in to monitor the club's operations. Cotton, Anthony // Sports Illustrated;11/17/1980, Vol. 53 Issue 21, p80
The article focuses on the decision of multimillionaire businessman Ted Stepien to purchase the ownership of the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team. Stepien initially invested 2-million U.S. dollars in the Cavaliers, decided to hire dancers and replaced coach Stan Albeck with Bill Musselman....
- AFTER SHOW BIZ, SLOW BIZ. Carry, Peter // Sports Illustrated;12/15/1969, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p34
The article reports on the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) game wherein the Ashland Eagles outscored the previously undefeated Wittenberg University's team. The Eagles, ranked first among NCAA small colleges, won partly due to the support of Ashland students and Ohio residents...
- Three for the road. Hersch, Hank; O'Brien, Richard // Sports Illustrated;10/20/97, Vol. 87 Issue 16, p19
Reports on the inglorious exits of three major college basketball coaches in the United States. Departures of Steve Fisher from University of Michigan, Bill Musselman from South Alabama University and Bill Frieder from Arizona State University; Their words and actions as they left.
- A screaming success. Anderson, Kelli // Sports Illustrated;2/17/97, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p79
Examines the role of coach Bill Musselman in bringing success to the basketball program at the University of South Alabama as of February 1997. Details on his hiring by South Alabama President Frederick P. Whiddon; The record of the team in mid-February; Musselman's desire to win; Background on...
- SMALL COLLEGES. Hannon, Kent // Sports Illustrated;12/02/1974, Vol. 41 Issue 23, p70
The article talks about the increasing number of junior college players being drafted by major college coaches especially since professional teams are also recruiting undergraduates. It cites the examples of Bill Musselman of Minnesota and Norm Sloan of North Carolina State who have junior...
- CeBIT report. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p19
Reports on developments in the telecommunication industry as of August 1997. Includes the formation of a joint-venture of Libertel and Electronic Data Systems to offer customers a complete mobile communications package; China's State Council's approval of China United Telecommunications Corp.'s...
- Advice from Adland. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the competition among telecommunications service providers. Money that will be wasted on advertising; Proliferation of multiple products and services.
- CDMA in Israel, the Philippines. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p26
Reports on developments related to telecommunication as of January 1998. Israel's Phone Communication's contract with Motorola to deploy first code division multiple access cellular network; Philippines Telegraph and Telephone's contract with Qualcomm.
- Data warehousing: Managing knowledge. Handen, Larry; Boyle, Patricia // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on the role of data warehousing in the telecommunication industry. Effects of deregulation, globalization and partnering; Technical architecture of data warehouse.