Vacuum excavation pays off big for Wisconsin Gas
- Vacuum Excavating Becoming Essential Damage Prevention Tool. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the use of portable vacuum excavation equipment for potholing, a procedure for locating a buried utility line. Benefit of using portable vacuum excavators; Availability of models; Factors that influence the choice between water and air excavation units.
- VACUUM EXCAVATORS: CHOOSING AIR OR WATER. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jul2003, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p42
Provides information about the functions of portable vacuum excavator. Usability for digging potholes to expose and confirm locations of buried utilities; Types of the vacuum excavator model; Efficacy of the hydro excavation method.
- VACUUM EXCAVATORS: Offer Increasing Versatility. // Underground Construction;Jul2008, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p26
The article evaluates the portable vacuum excavators.
- Versatile Vacs. KOPISCHKE, MARNIE // Site Prep;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the innovative role of vacuum excavation systems in minimizing utility damage without challenging the physical limits of the operator. It mentions that one of the main attractions of the equipment is its versatility aside from other benefits. It also cites the many...
- Wisconsin Gas creates new division. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Aug95, Vol. 222 Issue 8, p1
Reports on Wisconsin Gas' creation of a division called FieldTech. Division specializations; Headquarters in Milwaukee; Satellite office in Palm Desert, California; Responsibilities of division head Gregory Gozdowiak.
- Uses, Practicality Grows For Vacuum Excavators. // Underground Construction;Oct2001, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p16
Presents information on vacuum excavators. Various uses of vacuum excavators; Primary functions of excavators on horizontal directional drilling projects; How Horizontal Drilling Tehnologies LLC uses its vacuum excavation equipment.
- WIRELESS CONTROL LEADS TO INCREASED FUNCTIONALITY. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Feb2014, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p24
The article presents information on how the Vacall division of Gradall Industries Inc., offering jetting and vacuum solutions, upgraded their products to CAN (controller area network) bus-based controls, which allow microcontrollers within the products to communicate without a host computer. It...
- Wisconsin Gas connects its 500,000th customer. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jan96, Vol. 223 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the ceremony held by Wisconsin Gas signifiying its 500, 000th customer. Nature of the company; Name of customer; Symbol given to customer; Statistics on Wisconsin Gas' gas lines.
- Wisconsin Gas recognized as safety leader. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Mar99, Vol. 226 Issue 3, p4
States that Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based utility Wisconsin Gas has been named a leader in nationwide accident prevention for 1997. Comparison of firm's injury and illness incidence rate average to that of industry.