Giant I/E/I project leads to new efficiency in sewer line cleaning
- Rare Triple-A Water Issue Coming from Cobb County, Ga. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;11/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31765, p32
Focuses on the quality of water and sewer paper in Cobb County, Georgia. Rate of water; Installation of sewer lines; Cost of replacing a wastewater treatment plant.
- Massive project in pipeline. Ford, Tom // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p1
Reports on Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District's building of a sewer tunnel in an attempt to solve flooding and pollution problems in 11 cities. Goals of the project; Tunnel specifications; Recommended improvements for communities with older storm and sanitary systems; Highlights of the Mill...
- U.S. Sewer/Water Spending To Soar 27%. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Feb2000, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p30
Reports that construction expenditures for municipal sewer and water pipelines in the United States for the year 2000 is projected to increase. Sewer and water rehabilitation spending; Budgets for planned water projects; Popularity of trenchless construction and rehabilitation methods; Funding...
- BATTLE OF THE BLOCKAGE. Cooper, Barb // Municipal Sewer & Water;Mar2010, p18
The article offers information on Cedar Rapids Sewer Maintenance Division in Iowa which uses a preventive maintenance program (PMP) and a capital improvement program (CIP) for upgrading the infrastructure and preventing blockages. It notes that more than 80 percent of sanitary sewer backups are...
- Industry Unhappy About Imminent 100% Rise in Water Rates. // Caribbean Business;6/23/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p36
Reports that Puerto Rico Aqueduct & Sewer Authority's (Prasa) plan to raise water rates by at least 100 percent by the end of 2005 would hurt the island's competitiveness. Bonds that will be issued by Prasa.
- The erosion of organic solids in combined sewers. Ahyerre, M.; Oms, C.; Chebbo, G. // Water Science & Technology;2001, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p95
Many studies undertaken on urban catchments show, thanks to indirect approaches, that the contribution of eroded sewer sediments to pollution of combined sewer overflows is significant and highly organic. An in situ study of the erosion of sewer sediments has been implemented to validate those...
- S&W board tries new fee. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/17/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p1
Reports that the New Orleans, Louisiana Sewerage & Water Board has delayed a vote on a revised sewerage fee increase and bond sale. Special meeting of board members to discusses the plans; Move paving the way for a vote on the increase in February 2000.
- Supercritical sewer flows at a combining junction: A model study of the Edworthy trunk junction, Calgary, Alberta. Can-Hua Zhao; Zhu, David Z.; Rajaratnam, Nallamuthu // Journal of Environmental Engineering & Science;Sep2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p343
An experimental study on supercritical sewer flows at a junction chamber was conducted using a physical model for the Edworthy trunk sewer in Calgary, Alberta. This model study showed that a junction chamber with a small angle of two combining inflows helps to retain kinetic energy of the flow...
- High Flow Bypass Saves Money. // Underground Construction;Jul2003, Vol. 58 Issue 7, pR6
Focuses on the problem of decaying and aging sewer systems in Pima County, Arizona. Cause for the concrete mainline sewer that burst in several places; Issuance of a request for proposal for a fast solution by the Pima County Wastewater Management Department; Details of the project scope...