U.S. sewer/water spending to increase by 14% in 1998
- Water board to look at complaints. MAGEE, KEITH // East Bernard Express (TX);6/20/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 25, p1
The article reports that the Water Control & Improvement District board of Wharton County, Texas approved the economic feasibility study for the petitions regarding water and sewer line problems.
- The challenge: Inspecting smaller pipelines. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Aug2015, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p17
The article reports on the challenges of accessing and inspecting smaller pipelines and the successful use of the SeeSnake Compact2 and the SeeSnake Max rM200 closed-circuit (CCTV) television technology to obtain, store, and analyze information therein.
- Local Girl Scouts Join Vallecitos Water District in War Against Sewer Grease. // Journal: American Water Works Association;Dec2014, Vol. 106 Issue 12, p81
The article reports on the support of the Girl Scouts from Troop 4642 of San Marcos, California to the Vallecitos Water District (VWD) in a war against sewer grease and in providing a community service to prevent sewer spills.
- S&W Board grapples with budget, efficiency issues. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/10/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
Reports on efforts by the New Orleans Sewerage & Water Board in Louisiana to improve operations. Includes a revamp of the agency's networks division; Reduction of employees; Search for a private firm to build the board's electrical power plant; Cost control strategies; Efforts to look for...
- FAREWELL TO PAPER. Dayton, Scottie // Municipal Sewer & Water;Aug2011, p26
The article reports on the electronic asset management system employed by Cucamonga Valley Water District in Rancho Cucamonga, California. An infra-MAP Filed Crew software from iWater, Dig-Smart 3.1 software from Dig-Smart, and Cityworks geographic information system (GIS)-centric computerized...
- Automated Sewer Video Assessment Tools Expedite Decision Process. // WaterWorld;Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the challenging task faced by the San Diego Metropolitan Wastewater District in its automated sewer video assessment tools California. Development of a decision flow diagram for the assessment process; Use of the digital video in quantity of line segments.
- Scottsdale, Ariz., Water Raised by S&P. // Bond Buyer;1/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31798, p2
Reports on the ratings of Standard & Poor's on the water and sewer bonds in Scottsdale, Arizona. Completion of most of the city's water and sewer capital projects; Financial management of the city.
- Water Debt: A Reliable Source of Cash Flow. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;2/27/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33071, p1
The article reports on the views of Dick Perry from Invesco AIM in Dallas, Texas, regarding the importance of water and sewer bonds, Accordingly, these could provide dependable cash flow for bond-holders even in times of recession. He notes that the water and sewer bonds were typically issued to...
- City officials quiet on shut-offs; DWSD dysfunction victimizes many. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;7/13/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 36, pA1
The article reports on the dysfunction of the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department (DWSD) and the silence of officials on their programs water shut off in Michigan. It notes that the program of water shut offs left residents without water and lining up outside the DWSD payment center. It states...