- Use a backhoe safely. Anderson, Paul // Grounds Maintenance;Feb98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p72
Presents guidelines in the proper use of backhoes to avoid the risk of serious accidents. Performance of maintenance check after attaching the backhoe to the loader; Importance of planning ahead to maximize productivity at the job site; Safety tips in digging.
- Equipment guide: Backhoes. // Pit & Quarry;Jun94, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p32
Presents an equipment guide on backhoes. Case 9060 from JI Case Co.; Caterpillar 375 from Caterpillar Inc.; Daewoo DH 450 from Daewoo Machinery Corp.
- Clear your seat. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Oct95, Issue 515, p26
Advises on keeping the SEE tractor's backhoe seat when operating or transporting the seat.
- Untitled. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/26/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 48, p7A
Several photographs are presented depicting a new backhoe of Bertram, Texas, Bertram's Cumberland Presbyterian Church Choir, and the members of the Prairie Flower Garden Club.
- Versatility rules. Gilkes, Dan // International Construction;May97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on developments related to the backhoe loader. Historical background; JI Case engineer Elton Long's pioneering works on backhoe design; Technological advances in design and features of backhoes. INSETS: Market focus.;Customer-led designs..
- Prime the Turbo. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2011, Issue 703, p40
The article reports that operators need to prime turbocharger of the backhoe loader (BHL) if it has been unused for sometime as impeller inside the turbocharger needs lubrication.
- Who's the Best? Fritts, Tom // Onsite Installer;Dec2012, p26
The article offers information on the National Backhoe Roe-D-Hoe competition of the National Onsite Wastewater Recycling Association (NOWRA) to be held In Indianapolis, Indiana in February 2013.
- What's Missing? // Ladybug;Mar2002, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p18
Presents a quiz about the missing parts of a backhoe machine.
- SLOW GOING. // World (0888157X);12/14/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p22
The article focuses on thief Michael Pusey who stole a backhoe from a construction site in Chester County, Pennsylvania by riding the construction vehicle from the site to Philadelphia, which took him an estimated 2.5 hours to reach.