Atlanta mayor jumps latest hurdle in water utility privatization plan
- Attempts to rush the process put a brake on Atlanta's utility privatization. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;02/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30333, p3
Reports that the Atlanta City Municipal Council in Georgia has voted against Mayor Bill Campbell's proposal to hasten the privatization process for the city's water system and R.M. Clayton sewage treatment plant. Estimated income from private operators; Council members' criticism of the...
- Atlanta mayor stands firm on privatization. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p5
Discloses that Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Bill Campbell defended his city's plan to privatize its water system. Benefits of privatization to the city; Precautions taken to ensure that the city hires the best firm to manage the drinking-water system.
- Charges, countercharges fly in Atlanta water O&M bidding. Powers, Mary Buckner // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/24/98, Vol. 241 Issue 7, p16
States that CH2M Hill Cos. Ltd. and its operations and maintenance subsidiary OMI Inc. are accused of being Mayor Bill Campbell's preselected choice to win a long-term O&M contract for the Atlanta water system in Georgia. Criticisms regarding the city's selection of the company; How George...
- Brunch slated for visiting Atlanta mayor. // New York Amsterdam News;9/07/96, Vol. 87 Issue 36, p2
Announces the plan of Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Bill Campbell to visit Harlem, New York City on September 7, 1996. Infrastructure improvements in Atlanta; Members of the New York City committee that will host Campbell.
- Bill Campbell... // U.S. News & World Report;12/6/93, Vol. 115 Issue 22, p16
Comments how Bill Campbell, a city councilman running for mayor of Atlanta, Ga., weathered a barrage of charges from his opponent, former County Commissioner Michael Lomax. Campbell's response; Percentage of vote by which Campbell won election.
- Campbell wins run-off race to emerge as new mayor of Atlanta. // Jet;12/13/93, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p4
Reports on the election of City Councilman Bill Campbell as mayor of the city of Atlanta, Georgia. Percentage of the votes garnered; Comment of defeated challenger Michael Lomax.
- Don't say it... Elsasser, John // Public Relations Tactics;Sep96, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p23
Quotes Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell during a live television interview about complaints by the testy and impatient Olympic press corps.
- Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell Wins Journalists' Praise For His Handling Of Shooting Rampage. // Jet;08/16/99, Vol. 96 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on the response of Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Bill Campbell to the shootings by Mark O. Barton. Praise given Campbell by the media for his swift and courageous response to the shootings.
- Promised protection. // Jet;3/10/97, Vol. 91 Issue 16, p12
Presents a photograph of Atlanta Mayor Bill Campbell during a meeting with reporters to discuss the fifth bomb placed in a public place in Atlanta since July 1996. When the fifth bomb exploded; Promises Campbell made.