Senate set to hear bill that could bring `Oz' theme park to Kansas
- Lawyers support committee's report on bias in Kansas agency's RFP process. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;06/05/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30408, p7
Reports on the bias in the Kansas Development Finance Authority's bond counsel selection process. Development of evaluation criteria; Use of group bond programs.
- Kansas DFA Bonds Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p2
Reports the upgrade on the credit rating of Kansas Development Finance Authority by Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- KDFA to Sell $108M for Sewer Projects. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/29/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31501, p4
Reports on the sale of revenue bonds by the Kansas Development Finance Authority. Amount of the bonds; Use of the sale to finance sewer projects; Lead underwriter of the sale.
- KDFA's president Caton resigns amid charges of impropriety. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/28/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30402, p7
Reports on the resignation of Kansas Development Finance Authority (KDFA) President Bill Caton amid charges of impropriety. Investigation on Caton's spending practices on business trips and on how the agency selects its bond counsel; KDFA board member Kenneth Frahm as the successor for the...
- Oz Project Gets Around a Yellow Brick Wall in Kansas. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p3
Reports the granting of authority to the Kansas Development Finance Authority (KDFA) to issue state-backed bonds. Bond issuance to finance the resort project of Oz Entertainment Co.; Reason of project opponents for passing the amendment preventing KDFA from issuing bonds; Impact of the approval...
- Kansas Agency Selling First Part Of Deal for Biohazard Facility. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/10/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33264, p28
The article reports on the move of the Kansas Development Finance Authority to sell its state revenue bonds to finance a biohazard research facility.
- Kansas Theme Park Hits Development Problems. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;8/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31211, p4
Reports on the plan of Oz Entertainment Co. to build a multimillion dollar theme park in Kansas City, Kansas. Plan to issue bonds for the construction of Wonderful World of Oz theme park; Details of the construction plans.
- Oz Officials Make Their Best Pitch to Kansas County. Walker, Patrick // Bond Buyer;02/22/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31082, p4
Reports on the efforts of OZ Entertainment Co. to secure approval of its proposed Wonderful World of Oz theme park in Johnson County, Kansas. Presentation of detailed development plans to city commissioners; Financial aspects of the project.
- Cleanup issues delay Kansas park. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30838, p1
Reports the delay in building the planned Wonderful World of Oz theme park and resort in Kansas City, Kansas. Estimated cost of the construction; Aims of developer Oz Entertainment Co. to issue tax-exempt revenue bonds; Demand of government from the planners to provide financial assurance to...