N.Y. Power Authority retains rating despite weaker reserve covenants
- Power Authority will open garage to moviegoers. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/07/96, Vol. 35 Issue 41, p12
Reports on New York State Power Authority's plans for constructing a parking garage to accommodate the moviegoers at Regal Cinemas Inc. Business hours; Common Council's plans for holding a public hearing.
- Authority plan ok'd. // Crain's New York Business;12/23/96, Vol. 12 Issue 52, p22
Reports that New York Power Authority trustees gave final approval to a rate plan for use of the transmission system, which will facilitate competition among wholesale electricity suppliers. Authorization for the filing of the open-access tariff with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission by...
- Electric and magnetic fields: The Marcy-South decision. Poe Jr., W. Edward // Electric Perspectives;Jan/Feb90, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p38
Provides information on the Marcy-South court decision regarding the health effects of electric and magnetic fields (EMF) of the Power Authority of the State of New York by plaintiff Mr. Zapavigma. Information on the Marcy-South litigation; How the Court did not sustain the plaintiff's attempt...
- Power Authority to outsource nuclear management services. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p11
Reports on the New York Power Authority's (NYPA) agreement to work toward outsourcing management services for its James A. Fitzpatrick nuclear power plant in Scriba and its Indian Point 3 plant in Westchester County. Expected signing of a five-year contract between NYPA and Entergy Corp.
- Power agency shifts gears. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/5/94, Vol. 233 Issue 27, p9
Reports on a staff recommendation for the consolidation of electric generation and marketing operations of the New York Power Authority. Establishment of an entity for managing transmission lines; Restoration of a power plant near Buchanan, New York.
- New executives named at Power Authority. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;09/29/97, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p9B
Presents the list of newly appointed executives at the New York Power Authority (NYPA) as of September 29, 1997. Includes appointment of Eugene W. Zeltmann as president and chief operating officer of NYPA; Appointment of David E. Blabey as secretary and general counsel; Promotion of Robert A....
- $1.4B of loans rated with new S&P system. // American Banker;7/26/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 142, p24
Reports that Standard & Poor's has assigned ratings to three loans using a rating scale developed to serve bank loans.
- S&P creates authority profiles. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;10/27/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p5
Focuses on the evaluation being carried out by Standard and Poor's (S&P) of how its municipal solid waste debt to reflect increase competition which local governments face. Number of business profiles done by S&P on October 20, 1997; Description of the business profiles; What the profiles are...
- Monroe, Mich., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;12/5/2014, p16
The article reports the move by Standard & Poor's (S&P Ratings Services as of early December 2014 to upgrade its long-term rating and underlying rating of Monroe, Michigan's general obligation (GO) debt outstanding to AA-minus from A-plus.