Options for a Pension Plan Lump Sum
- Lump Sum vs. Annuity: The Choice is Yours. Broyles, Yvonne A. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/12/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 37, p12A
The article offers some considerations when choosing a lump sum or an annuity in accepting pensions.
- Other retirement fund reforms. // Finweek;11/26/2009, p50
The article discusses the reforms of retirement fund in South Africa. It states reform ensures the ex-spouse can request the member spouse's fund to pay the award in cash or transfer to another fund. It notes that a former member who did not commute any portion of the total value of the annuity...
- Wait if you'd like (But Opportunities Abound in the Income Annuity Marketplace). Sondergeld, Eric // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;Spring2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on the challenges and opportunities in the income annuity market in the U.S. Distribution challenges; Lack of product or market emphasis; Creation of income from defined distribution plan assets.
- New Requirements for Transfer of Small Qualified Plan Accounts to IRAs. Lapidus, Steven B. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q1, p1
The article focuses on a provision added by the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002 to the Internal Revenue Code in the U.S. The Act requires qualified plans to provide automatic distribution of small accounts. The provision of the Act is discussed. The article also explains the ERISA...
- Advisers told they must check options so beneficiaries don't lose out on freedoms. BRODBECK, SAM // Money Marketing;9/17/2015, Issue 1501, p19
The article discusses significant role of financial advisers in the transfer of death benefits of deceased clients to their beneficiaries. Topics explored include the pension access offered by some providers to beneficiaries, the pension transfer process under a flexi-access drawdown-enabled...
- Barclays berated on transfer delays. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;11/18/2010, p80
The article reports on the assertion of advisers that Barclays PLC is delaying payment on important lump sums to be moved away from the bank as part of a corporate strategy.
- Revenue fails to close tax-free cash loophole. // Money Marketing;5/5/2005, p5
The article reports that the Great Britain Inland Revenue has left open a loophole in the Finance Act 2004 that enables some pensioners to double their tax-free cash allowance. The Revenue threatened to close the loophole in a technical note published in February 2005. However, Standard life...
- EDUCATIONAL PAGE: Recovery position. // Fund Strategy;2/7/2011, p10
The article reports that the government of Great Britain has introduced recovery charges provisions on lump-sum death benefits which is part of a proposal to remove annuitise requirement at age 75. Recovery charges are made if the pension scheme member dies having his benefits and of the member...
- pension mortgage. // International Dictionary of Finance, 4th Edition;2003, p205
Information on the term "pension mortgage" is presented. It refers to usage of the tax-free lump sum payable on the maturing of a personal pension scheme. There is a tax advantage in pension mortgage as it provides tax relief. A disadvantage of pension mortgage is that a smaller amount remains...