- Investment strategies for 2004: know the basics. Magan, Robert // New Hampshire Business Review;1/9/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p28A
Presents the basics of investment strategies for 2004 in New Hampshire. Importance of good portfolio management; need to study the financial landscape, with emphasis on equity investing; Consideration on the tax side of investment.
- EQUITY-INDEXED ANNUITIES: WHAT THEY ARE AND HOW TO SELL THEM SUITABLY. Cascarelli, Joseph C. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Nov2001, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p41
The author of this article outlines how equity-indexed annuities (EIA) work, what their component parts are, and the ways a financial services professional can meet clients' needs with these products. The EIAs are essentially a hedge against the uncertainty of not knowing when the market will...
- Drifters and Huggers. Callahan, Craig T.; Howard, C. Thomas // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses the equity management industry. The authors suggest that investments in equity managers that are "characteristic drifters," meaning that they change their investment strategies to keep up with market, are better than investments in "index huggers." Drifters perform better...
- Platform Plays. Black, Pamela J. // Bank Investment Consultant;May2010, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the significance of financial planning and investment strategy, the articles "The Lost Art of Listening" and "Easing Into Pretirement."
- Here Comes The... Bridesmaid. Britton, Diana // REP.;Feb2013, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on The Leuthold Group's January 2013 research report, which found that investing in the second-best performing asset class of the previous year is the optimal price-based strategy,
- Don't get trampled by the 'herd'. Ross, Janet // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/7/2013, Vol. 111 Issue 19, p1D
The article offers tips on investing which include looking for quality investments and creating a viable strategy for achieving financial goals.
- A New Dawn, A New Day, A New Life... Are You Feeling Good? Henderson, G. Derek // Canadian MoneySaver;Nov2015, p14
The article offers suggestions for financial planning and investments including the use of alternative investing tools, having different investing strategies for maximizing returns and formulating one's goals.
- CE QUIZ JUNE '14. // Financial Planning;Jun2014, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p117
A Continuing Education (CE) Quiz, based on articles in the June 2014 issue of "Financial Planning" magazine is presented.
- MIStakes to haunt industry. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;6/3/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p12
The article discusses the impact of the agribusiness managed investment schemes (MISs) on the financial planning industry.