A Slice of Life Planning
- MPs condemn ‘incompetent’ MRC. Meilton, David // Public Finance;4/4/2003, p17
Reports on the allegations faced by the Medical Research Council of being incompetent in Great Britain. Lack of communication; Accounts on the mismanagement of funds; Fluctuations in the amount of money available to support research projects.
- In My Opinion. Moisand, Dan // Financial Planning;Feb2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p88
The article discusses the importance of financial advisors' communication with clients concerning economy and politics. According to the author, clients may change financial plans due to personal concerns about the economy. The author recommends advisors to have conversations with clients in...
- How Do You Communicate? // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2014, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p14
The article briefly discusses how financial planners can improve their communications with clients as suggested by a survey among planners conducted by the Research and Practice Institute of the Financial Planning Association.
- 'Til Debt Do Us Part? Hoffman, Melody K. // Jet;2/9/2004, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p54
Presents several financial tips for newlyweds. Importance of communicating with each other about your financial concerns and goals; Advice on financial planning; Knowledge of spending styles.
- From the Editor-in-Chief. McCouch III, Nelson // Army AL&T Magazine;Jan-Mar2015, pii
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various articles published within the issue including "The long view" LIRA decision support tool enables better long-range planning and budgeting," "Hybrid threats, hybrid thinking," and "U.S. Army operating concept: Win...
- "Sell" Is Not a Four-Letter Word. Swift, Marie; Asnes, Marion // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2015, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p22
The article provides suggestions in using conversational selling to boost success in financial planning. Creating a sense of urgency and getting the prospective clients are achieved by advisers who are good at influencing and persuading others. They are also expected to work on their ability to...
- Are you sending the right message to your clients? Rasker, Richard // Money Management;11/6/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p26
Provides a guide on achieving an effective communication between financial advisers and their clients. Reasons planners should manage their communication with their clients; Assessment of contacts with clients; Factors to consider when auditing advisers' written communication with clients.
- Use written job descriptions. Gordon, Kindra // BEEF;Spring2007 Cow-Calf Issue, Vol. 43, p16
The article offers information about enhancing family communication in relation to estate planning. Sarah Fogleman, a Kansas Extension economist states that writing job descriptions is the first thing she would have the family do whenever there is a conflict. She added that it would help the...
- Survey Says. // Plan Sponsor;Feb2013, p16
The article discusses a survey on how adults in the U.S. prefer to receive retirement plan information. 34.5% of respondents said they want to receive information through a combination of paper and electronic communications. Meanwhile, 33.6% of the respondents like to receive all information...