PaineWebber hopes for edge from new staff
- New trust company set for January. Smith, Pedro // Caribbean Business;11/21/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p6
Reports that the PaineWebber Trust Co. of Puerto Rico, a division of PaineWebber Inc., will start operations in January 1997. Appointment of Carlos J. Nieves to head the trust division; Objective of division; Target client base of corporate and government retirement plans; Support of division...
- PaineWebber shares tumble as takeover rumors subside. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;3/3/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 41, p32
Presents information on the lowering of PaineWebber Group Incorporated's shares on March 02, 1998, as speculation that the company would be acquired subsided. Rumors surrounding the acquisition of the company; Stock performance after the deal did not materialize; Comments from Joan S. Solotar,...
- City mishandling of tax bill saves PaineWebber $7.3m. // Crain's New York Business;02/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the losses incurred by the New York City Department of Finance, as a result of a tardy tax audit which was mailed to PaineWebber Group Incorporated. How much money in corporate taxes which PainWebber owed the city; Wrong tax bill sent to the company.
- PaineWebber's mantra goes against Street model. Johnson, Ben // National Real Estate Investor;Jul98, Vol. 40 Issue 7, Wall Street Wrap p16
Focuses on the services and business strategies of PaineWebber's real estate group. Focus on long-term transactions; Set up of the real estate group as an independent operations unit within the company proper; Involvement with Paul Nussbaum's interest in hotels in 1993 and 1994; Services done...
- Africa bond for phase II of San Patricio. Trinidad, Pablo J.; Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;5/25/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p7
Reports on Paine Webber Inc. of Puerto Rico's structuring of a $18.1 million Afica bond issue to finance the second phase of the expansion of San Patricio Plaza shopping center in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. Release of the bond issue; Serial and trench bonds in the issue; Caparra Center Associates...
- PaineWebber's Cohn, outspoken analyst, is fired. Matthews, Gordon; Goldblatt, Jennifer // American Banker;05/14/97, Vol. 162 Issue 92, p1
Highlights the dismissal of bank analyst Lawrence W. Cohn from PaineWebber Group Inc. Warning on inflated bank earnings to maintain momentum; Shift in the company's coverage of banks; Criticism of stock repurchase programs.
- PaineWebber names banker for private equity. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;09/15/97, Vol. 63 Issue 37, p6
Reports on PaineWebber Group Inc.'s appointment of investment banker Riza Dekidjiev for its private equity group. Duties and responsibilities to be performed by Dekidjiev in the equity group; Focus on raising capital for privately-held companies; Other executives hired by PaineWebber for the...
- Paine Webber surged on report of B of A talks. Kleege, Stephen // American Banker;1/21/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 13, p32
Reports on BankAmerica Corp.'s rumored merger negotiations with PaineWebber Group Inc.
- PaineWebber broker denies wrongdoing. // Caribbean Business;7/25/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p49
Reports on PaineWebber broker Al Rizek's denial of wrongdoing while he was employed at the firm. Securities and Exchange Commission's issuance of order for administrative proceedings; Investigation of Rizek's trades from January 1, 1993 to March 31, 1994.