Association between plasma lipid levels and migraine in subjects aged =50 years: preliminary data from the Zab�t Aging Project
- Leczenie dorazne i profilaktyka napad�w migreny Abortive and prophylactic treatment of migraine. Lukasik, Maria; Owecki, Michal K.; Kozubski, Wojciech // Neuropsychiatry & Neuropsychology / Neuropsychiatria i Neuropsyc;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p7
Migraine is a common, chronic-intermittent primary headache disorder. Due to their intensity, migraine attacks are usually a cause of intermittent incapacity. The present paper reviews contemporary migraine therapeutic attempts including abortive treatment of attacks and long-term preventive...
- Migraine with and without aura: a single entity? Manzoni, Gian Camillo; Torelli, Paola // Neurological Sciences;May2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 29, p40
A debate has been going on for many years about whether migraine with aura and migraine without aura are part of the same disorder or should instead be considered as two separate disorders. Although no final consensus has yet been reached on this issue, many clinical and pathogenetic elements...
- Personality profile and allodynic migraine. Lovati, Carlo; D'Amico, Domenico; Brambilla, Arianna; Mariani, Claudio; Bussone, Gennaro // Neurological Sciences;May2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 29, p152
Migraine is known to be associated to particular psychological features. Cutaneous allodynia is a painful sensation or discomfort induced by a non-noxious stimulus, and is a frequent complaint during migraine attacks. The aim of this study was to compare the personality profile of allodynic and...
- Acute treatment of migraine. Breaking the paradigm of monotherapy. Krymchantowski, Abouch Valenty // BMC Neurology;2004, Vol. 4, p4
Background: Migraine is a highly prevalent disorder. The disability provoked by its attacks results in suffering as well as considerable economic and social losses. The objective of migraine acute treatment is to restore the patient to normal function as quickly and consistently as possible....
- The future of acute care and prevention in headache. Krymchantowski, A.; Rapoport, A.; Jevoux, C. // Neurological Sciences;Apr2007 Supplement, Vol. 28, pS166
Migraine is a chronic neurological disease with heterogeneous characteristics resulting in a range of symptom profiles, burden and disability. It affects nearly 12% of the adult population in Western countries and up to 22% of the Brazilian population, imposing considerable suffering as well as...
- The Patient with Daily Headaches. Maizels, Morris // American Family Physician;12/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p2299
Focuses on the prognosis of patients with daily headaches. Percentage of adults who have chronic daily headaches (CDH); Data on differential diagnosis of CDH; Common causes of migraine transformation; Key feature distinguishing cluster headache from migraine; Goals of migraine preventive therapy.
- head strong. Yasa, Dilvin // Australian Table;Oct2005, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p128
Presents information on migraine, a painful spasmodic disorder characterised by headaches and often accompanied by nausea. Causes of migraine; Impact of migraine on a person's quality of life; Main approaches to the treatment of migraine with medication.
- HEADACHE HANDBOOK. // Essence (Time Inc.);Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p81
Discusses several ways to treat different types of headache. Causes of tension headaches; Appropriate treatment for migraines; Description of sinus headaches. INSETS: Stop a Headache Before It Starts;Food hazards.
- Tocotrienol rich fraction supplementation improved lipid profile and oxidative status in healthy older adults: A randomized controlled study. Siok-Fong Chin; Ibahim, Johari; Makpol, Suzana; Hamid, Noor Aini Abdul; Latiff, Azian Abdul; Zakaria, Zaiton; Mazlan, Musalmah; Yusof, Yasmin Anum Mohd; Karim, Aminuddin Abdul; Ngah, Wan Zurinah Wan // Nutrition & Metabolism;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p42
Background: Vitamin E supplements containing tocotrienols are now being recommended for optimum health but its effects are scarcely known. The objective was to determine the effects of Tocotrienol Rich Fraction (TRF) supplementation on lipid profile and oxidative status in healthy older...