MARKET SHARE AND AWARENESS
- Most Advisors Caught Failing Clients in Research 'Sting'. Sullivan, John // Investment Advisor;May2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on a study which suggests that advisors often fail to de-bias their clients and often reinforce biases that are in their interests. It is stated that advisors encourage returns chasing behavior and push for actively managed funds that have higher fees, even if the client...
- Moving on: Wirehouse to IBD By Mindy Diamond. // REP.;Mar2012, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p26
The article presents information on how investment advisors James and Nancy moved from a wirehouse team to an independent broker/dealer (IBD) firm. James and Nancy began to explore regional firms and IBDs in 2010, when they became uneasy about the financial stability of the firm with which they...
- False Promises of Great Returns. Lunt, Ralph // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2015, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses loss in investments due to non-registered, ill-advised investments tips for investments and offers tips for the same to athletes and others including the need to know about investments from financial advisors, broker's license, and website for investments.
- Platform industry gets poor report card. Fielding, Zoe // Money Management;10/13/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p8
Reports on the research conducted by Melbourne-based consultancy Walter A. Taylor and Associates on the performance of platforms in Australia. Disappointment of financial advisers in a range of critical areas; List of areas where platforms fell short in meeting the expectation of the advisers;...
- Listen First, Talk Later. Prince, Russ Alan; File, Karen Maru // On Wall Street;Jan1999, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p98
Points out that the best financial and investment advisors listen to the needs and concerns of their clients. Rules governing the listening skills of best advisors; Discussion on the rules.
- Top investment brokers. // Business News New Jersey;11/08/99, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p32
Lists the top investment brokers in New Jersey. Rankings based on number of local brokers; Number of brokers nationwide; Number of local offices; Senior executive.
- Lamensdorf collapse exposes FSA flaws. Henshall, Angela // Money Marketing;5/29/2003, p26
Reports on key issues concerning the collapse and closure of the Great Britain-based independent financial advising firm, Lamensdorf Group Co. Reasons for the collapse; Details about the failure of the Financial Services Authority to close down its web site thereby continuously allowing the...
- Full Monty aims to lay bare loan rip-offs. // Money Marketing;10/17/2002, p7
Reports on the launching of a financial advice firm by Monty Burn in Great Britain. Benefits of the 'Full Monty Experience' video to mortgage brokers; Pay for professional indemnity cover; Guide for mortgage application.
- New Alliances Form Novel Crypto Funds. Greene, Andrew // Investment Management Weekly;1/22/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the management partnerships created between brokers and fund managers, such as the alliance between Prudential Investments and Alliance Capital.