Approaches Differ for B-Ds, RIA CIOs
- Independent Entity for Broker-Dealers. // CPA Wealth Provider;Jan2004, p8
Reports that the Financial Planning Association and its Broker-Dealer Advisory Council will launch an independent organization to serve the needs of broker-dealer and registered investment advisor firms. Realization that the association's Broker-Dealer program cannot adequately serve the...
- The Future of Independence. Gallant, Dennis // On Wall Street;Sep2004 Resource Guide, Vol. 14, p12
Focuses on the prediction on the independent broker-dealer (IBD) market in the U.S. in 2005. Nature of independent advisors; Views on the growth of the IBD market; Recognition of the success of independent advisors by traditional firms; Requirements for advisors in deciding for independence.
- THE IMPACT OF A UNIVERSAL FIDUCIARY STANDARD. Anderson, Brian // Benefits Selling;Sep2012, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p61
The article discusses a study which concluded that a harmonized standard of care at least as stringent to the fiduciary standard presently applied to investment advisors should extend to all brokers, dealers and investment advisors. Critics stated that the study lacked proper analysis especially...
- Spotlight on adviser activities. Egan, Liam // Money Management;3/3/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the monitoring and supervision of advisers by dealer groups in compliance with Financial Services Reform (FSR) Act in Australia. Obligation of dealers to conduct a regular desktop audits; Efficiency of dealer groups in training their advisers for FSR compliance; Provision of...
- Fidelity to Boost Unified Accounts. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;4/18/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the plan of Fidelity Investments' National Financial unit to offer the unified managed account (UMA) investment vehicle to its correspondent broker-dealers in 2005. Significance of the move; Benefit of the investment vehicle for broker-dealers; Functions included in UMAs.
- Independence Defined. Gallant, Dennis // On Wall Street;Sep2004 Resource Guide, Vol. 14, p14
Discusses the independence of financial advisors. Advisor segments that comprised the independent market; Services offered by registered investment advisors; Information on independent broker-dealers (IBD); Reasons of advisors for choosing independence; Question on the ability of IBD advisors...
- Navigating the Best Route. Gallant, Dennis // On Wall Street;Sep2004 Resource Guide, Vol. 14, p18
Discusses the influence of industry changes on the career path of advisors to independence. Factors that interrupted the progression of the termination of broker-dealer relationships by advisors; Effect of the recruitment of advisors by wirehouses on independent broker-dealer firms.
- Agents Seek Delay On Moves To Create Single Suitability Standard. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/7/2009, Vol. 113 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on the efforts of life insurance agents to delay legislative action on single suitability standard in the U.S. It notes that this standard addresses to care investment advisors, dealers, and brokers. It states that the proposed provision would limit the availability of...
- Raising Their Game. Field, Anne // Registered Rep;Nov2011, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p14
The article examines the challenges faced by independent brokers/dealers (IBD) regarding the increasing number of representatives joining the industry. According to Cerulli Associates Inc., the total number of representatives at IBDs was 102,689 in 2004 and has decreased to 97,792 in 2010. It...