ETFs, SMAs and VAs Grab Advisers' Attention
- ETFs Continue to Gain Popularity. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2014, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the 2014 survey, conducted by the "Journal of Financial Planning" and the Financial Planning Association (FPA) Research and Practice Instituteâ„¢, which suggests the increasing popularity of exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- The Shrinking World. Volava, Jr., G. Joseph // Financial Planning;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p260
Focuses on the financial services industry. Forecast on the growth of the industry; Importance of the Internet; Services being offered by the Financial Planning Association.
- Change in government will not stop reform. // Money Management;7/29/200, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p4
The article reports on the commitment of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) to the reform in the Australian financial services industry.
- Gold Bullion Versus Coins. ERSKINE, MATTHEW F. // On Wall Street;Apr2011, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p52
The author advises individuals who are interested in buying gold. He cites various ways of investing in gold which include buying an exchange-traded fund that holds gold directly, buying companies that mine and refine gold, and buying gold coins in the form of bullion or numismatics. He also...
- Looking Ahead to Start the Year. CONRAD, LEE // Bank Investment Consultant;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including complexity of financial products such as exchange traded funds (ETFs) and variable annuities, how to plan and set goals in professional life, and an online tool called Face Retirement.
- UPFRONT. // Financial Planning;Apr2010, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p22
A calendar of events, meetings and conferences for the financial planning industry scheduled in the U.S. for April 2010 is presented, including the 10th Annual Spring Forum of the Financial Planning Association, the Medicare Advantage Summit by the Financial Research Associates and the Half-Day...
- Jumping before being pushed. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;5/7/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p1
In this article the author discusses the effort of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in producing a position paper that will see the phasing out of commissions by 2012 in Australia. The author said that the FPA's approach needs to be seen in the context of the long-running campaign waged...
- Taking a professional approach. // Money Management;1/19/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
The article focuses on the importance of getting financial services reform for the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in Australia in 2006. According to Corinna Dieters, chairman of FPA, the move for financial planning to achieve recognition as a profession will continue. She praises the work...
- A Virtual Treasure. Ritchlin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p13
The article discusses a new feature in the publication and provides information about the Financial Planning Association's annual conference, FPA Experience 2013. Beginning with the current issue three experts on exchange-traded funds (ETFs), Tom Lydon, Matt Hougan, and Rick Ferri will...