- Looking Ahead to Start the Year. CONRAD, LEE // Bank Investment Consultant;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including complexity of financial products such as exchange traded funds (ETFs) and variable annuities, how to plan and set goals in professional life, and an online tool called Face Retirement.
- The Case For Using ETFs In VAs. Herman, Melvin // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/10/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 33, p14
The article discusses the issues with regards to the emergence of the exchange traded fund (ETF) in variable annuities in the U.S. It notes that ETF has become one of the most popular and viable investment because it allows accurate measurement and management of asset class exposure. In...
- Why It's Time To Put ETFs Inside Of VAs. Woods, Michael // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/26/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p19
The article discusses the benefits of integrating exchange traded fund (ETF) into the variable annuity (VA) market in the U.S. They include ETFs capability to track daily published benchmarks, its potential to improve VA insurers' ability to create low cost and transparent strategic allocation...
- Is Passive Investing Next Wave In VAs? Shapiro, David // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/14/99, Vol. 103 Issue 24, p11
Looks at passive investment options and their potential in variable annuities. Concept of passive investing to passive financial planning; Performance advantage of passive funds over managed funds.
- FSA RETAIL RISK OUTLOOK IN BRIEF. // Money Marketing;3/3/2011, p2
The article offers news briefs related to Financial Services Authority (FSA) retail risk outlook in Great Britain for 2011 including the concerns regarding the complex exchange traded funds (ETFs), the issues concerning the portfolio management advice services costs, and the move to update...
- Marie Chandoha. // Money Management Executive;5/18/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p10
The article focuses on the role of Marie Chandoha, president at investment management company Charles Schwab Investment Management , in the exchange traded funds (ETFs) industry and mentions her views related to her efforts to lower costs of fund products.
- How Much to Allocate to Annuities? Milevsky, Moshe A. // Research;Sep2009, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p28
The author reports on the recommendations for product allocation aspect of retirement income planning. He characterized the products on where the client's investment can generate income during retirement which are mutual funds and exchange traded funds, defined benefit pensions and income...
- Symetra Develops Low-Cost Annuity. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;5/31/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 104, p11
The article focuses on Symetra Life Insurance Co. that has introduced a variable annuity called Symetra Focus, that features index investment options from Vanguard Group. The product's structure and investment options help clients keep more of the returns created by investments associated with...
- ETFs, SMAs and VAs Grab Advisers' Attention. Schulaka, Carly // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2008 Trends in Investing, Vol. 21, p4
This article focuses on the results of the Financial Planning Association's 2008 survey. The survey found exchange traded funds (ETFs), separately managed accounts (SMAs), and variable annuities (VAs) as trends in investing. EFTs, used as a tool for asset allocation, created $146 billion in net...