The impact of greenfield FDI and mergers and acquisitions on innovation in Chinese high-tech industries
- The big-time bets on high-technology acquisitions. Federman, Charles; Middleton, Thomas P. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p11
Presents a roundtable discussion on the aggressiveness of high technology companies in consolidation and merger activities. Factors driving acquisition bids in the industry; Global expansion; Regulations; Pricing; Responses to technology; Company divestiture.
- High tech companies' mergers hold steady; dollar value increases. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/22/94 - 8/29/94, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p32
Compares the volume rates of mergers and acquisitions in the high technology industry in the United States during the first six months of 1994 with those of 1993.
- PARKING BY THE INFOBAHN. Kupfer, Andrew // Fortune;8/8/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p13
Discusses recent mergers between corporations dealing in information processing technology; AT&T's relationship with Silicon Graphics; Computer, telephone, cable, software, and consumer electronics industry trends.
- Acquiring minds. // Director (00123242);
Focuses on the trend towards mergers and acquisitions in the information technology sector. Comment by Lars Andersen, senior executive at Cavendish Corporate Finance; Two factors driving the acquisition trend in the industry; Number of companies acquired by Microsoft and Cisco as of 1998.
- Business `cultures' at war. Harper, Pamela // Electronic News;08/03/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2230, p50
Focuses on the merger of high technology companies in the United States. Number of merger deals involving high technology companies since 1997; Government regulation of mergers; Characteristics of merging companies; Cultural issues in mergers. INSETS: Culture clash warning signs.;Beginning the...
- Not just IBM: Mergers boom in high tech. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;6/12/95, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p1
Reports on acquisitions in the high-technology industry in the United States. Increase in high-technology mergers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut; Young and small firms as most likey targets for acquisitions; Buyers' careful scrutiny of multimedia companies.
- TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION MANAGEMENT Conference Paper Abstracts. // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2008, p1
The article presents abstracts on technology and innovation management topics which include a demand-based perspective on technological innovation, biotechnology in the world of academia, and acquisition of firms as a method of technology sourcing.
- projectiondesign Acquires U.S. Distributor. // Residential Systems;Jun2011, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p8
The article reports on the move of Norway-based projectiondesign in acquiring its long-standing partner and North American distributor, projectiondesign LLC.
- CDT acquires chip design firm to hurry passive OLED addressing technology. // Electronics Weekly;1/10/2007, Issue 2270, p5
The article reports that Cambridge Display Technology Ltd. has bought the California-based chip design firm Next Sierra to help bring its latest total matrix addressing (TMA) technology to market more quickly. According to CDT, TMA allows more power-efficient passive addressing in organic...