Beyond a better mousetrap: A cultural analysis of the adoption of ethanol in Brazil
- A comparison of Canadian and US universal banks: efficiency, productivity, and the role of technology. Allen, Jason; Engert, Walter; Ying Liu // Money Affairs;Jan-Jun2007, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p61
The article compares Canadian and U.S. universal banks in terms of efficiency, productivity and the role of technology. It states that Canadian banks were found to be as productive as U.S. banks. However, Canadian banks were found to be less efficient in terms of scale. In terms of technological...
- Banking on computers. Jason, Pini // African Business;Mar1997, Issue 219, p40
Reports on the changes in Nigeria's banking industry brought about by entry of computers. Services and benefits offered by the use of computers; Use of computers to deter fraud; Introduction of electronic banking; Rise in profits in banks; Banking industry's adoption of software to suit the...
- IT to the rescue. Jason, Pini // African Business;Nov97, Issue 226, p56
Discusses the computerization of the Nigerian banking industry. Importance of investing in information technology; Replacing of unproductive staff with computer efficiency; Introduction of new services and products; Adaptation of computers and software to meet specific banking needs; Dependence...
- Hard at work in the Data Mines. Zack, Jeffrey // American Banker;9/09/96 Supplement, Vol. 161, p3A
Provides information from the Ernst & Young 1996 special report on technology in banking. Use of data warehouse systems; Operational efficiencies and risks met in outsourcing functions.
- Automated remittance processing's advantages over imaging. Kaiser, L.H. // Business Credit;Jun97, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p21
Focuses on imaging technology operations used by banks. Benefits of using image-based systems; Advantages of using automatic cash software; Information on Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Computer software resource. // Bank Marketing;May94, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p68
Features the services provided by seven computer software companies in the United States for the banking industry.
- Virtual banking. Mahoney, Lisa // Bank Marketing;Dec94, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p77
Reports on the alternative methods bankers are exploring for delivering their products and services through non-branch technologies. Fact from Bank Technology News; Discussion by American Banker's Management Strategies; Survey by American Banker and Andersen Consulting; School of Bank Marketing...
- The demise of the marble palace. Garrett, Joe // Mortgage Banking;Mar97, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p34
Highlights the redefinition of banking concept as technology transforms the financial services marketplace. Implications to the banking system; Possibility that banking institutions will banish; Future role of banks; Problem on interconnectivity; Banks' core mission in the marketplace.
- Phoning it in. Kantra, Suzanne; Antonoff, Michael // Popular Science;Mar94, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p42
Discusses how banking giant Citibank and on-line service operator U.S. Order are each employing so-called screen telephones in separate attempts to make banking by telephone an easier, more visual experience. What computer-like features enable user to do; Other services available; Telephone...