National culture and the adoption of new technologies
- Wonders of Origami. MATTHEWS, MARK // ASEE Prism;Jan2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles on the topics of origami engineering, research and tax and spending deal between the White House and Congress.
- A negative climate for innovation? // Management Review;Dec80, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p51
Focuses on the process involved in technological innovation. Identification of dilemmas involved in funding innovation; Establishment of theories and research procedures to improve innovation; Patterns of interaction among diverse elements.
- Research moves to the Web. Ma, Karen // Accounting Technology;Jul98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p26
Discusses the use of Internet to tax research. Advantages of using the Internet as compared of compact-disc-ROM (CD-ROM); Information on CheckPoint, an Internet research product from RIA company; Plan of Tax Analysts and Tax Management to expand their Web presence; Savings from the use of the...
- Digital influence: Technology and unpublished opinions in the federal courts of appeals. Shuldberg, Kirt // California Law Review;Mar1997, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p543
Opinion. Reveals the change in the world of legal research with the availability of digital information. Examination of the justification for limiting the publication of federal appellate opinions; History of selective publication; Proposal of a model rule focusing on setting appropriate...
- The real lessons of Japanese research consortia. Hane, Gerald J. // Issues in Science & Technology;Winter93/94, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p56
Illustrates the important lessons to be learned and applied in the United States from Japan's experience with research and development (R&D) consortia; Japan's very large scale integrated (VLSI) consortium; Formation of public-private R&D consortia in the U.S. and Japan; Main difference in the...
- Public support for industrial research: an international comparison. // OECD Economic Surveys: France;Feb1999, Vol. 1999 Issue 6, p167
Presents an international comparison of public support for industrial research in France as of February 1999. Categories of government support for industrial technology.
- HRSA updates Area Resource File data base. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p472
Announces that the Health Resources and Services Administration's (HRSA) Bureau of Health Professions has completed updating the Area Resource File (ARF), a computerized data base containing a wide variety of information on health facilities, health professions, health training programs and...
- When the library comes to you. Gunther, Judith Anne // Popular Science;Sep93, Vol. 243 Issue 3, p48
Reports that technology is opening new avenues for studying history at the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. Availability of the Library's computerized catalog system to Internet users; Pilot project developed by Jones Intercable that could make other information from the Library of...
- In the Labs. Stover, Dawn // Popular Science;Sep99, Vol. 255 Issue 3, p12
Features the tools and techniques that have revolutionized scientific research and the synthetic materials discovered in the laboratory from 1800s through 1900s. Principle of polymerase chain reaction; Application of particle accelerator in detecting subatomic particles; Origin of synthetic...