When to charge variable rates
- Calif. may dump trash bag law, shift onus to bigger film users. Toloken, Steve // Plastics News;11/1/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p7
This article reports that California may scrap its plastic trash bag recycling law, replacing it with an expanded effort that would target other plastic film uses, like agriculture and construction. The state's Integrated Waste Management Board wants to drop requirements that plastic trash bags...
- WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANIES. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2009 Book of Lists, p32
A list of the top waste management companies in Las Vegas, Nevada for 2009 ranked based on the number of local employees is presented, including Republic Services, Evergreen Recycling and Industrial Waste Utilization.
- Buyers beware when spec'ing truck replacement parts Sturgess, Steve // World Wastes;Aug1992, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p50
No abstract available.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the acquisition and contract developments of the landfill industry in the United States as of March 1997. Eastern Environmental Services Inc.'s acquisition of the R&A Benedr Inc. landfill and collection operations; US Manufacturing Inc.'s acquisition of GDS Screens Inc.; $1.3 million...
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p8
Reports on contracts and distributors in the refuse disposal industry in the United States as of March 1997. Rader Resource Recovery Inc.'s contract from Reciclados Industriales de Mexico (RIMEX); Rust Environment and Infrastructure's $8 million; Mid-Atlantic Plastic Systems, Inc. appointed the...
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Mar1997, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p12
Reports on developments affecting the waste management industry in the United States as of March 1997. Bedford Capital Co. offers the Bedford Recycling Fund for firms engaged in recycling; Republic Industries Inc. merges with Taromina Industries; Leach Co. appoints Bruce D. Yakley as chief...
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p16
Reports on developments in the waste management industry as of April 1997. Mid-Atlantic Plastic Systems Inc. as the United States Agent for Julien Environmental Technology; Waste Control Specialists' hazardous waste facility in Andrews County, Texas; Environmental Risk Limited's Southeast...
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p6
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the United States refuse disposal industry.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p14
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the refuse disposal industry of the United States. Eastern Environmental Services' acquisition of the rights to operate Sanitary District No. 1 in New York City; Republic Industries Inc.'s acquisition of National Serv-All.