Battling the ooze
- Rain, Rain, Go Away. Anders, John C.; Pickett, Jonathan // Waste Age;Jan2002, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p10
Focuses on the construction of Prince Edward County of Subtitle D landfill cell and a way to minimize leachate generation in Virginia. Reduction of leachate management costs; Increase of total raincap investment.
- Anaerobic treatability of leachate: a comparative evaluation for three different reactor systems. Timur, H.; Ozturk, I.; Altinbas, M.; Arikan, O.; Tuyluoglu, B.S. // Water Science & Technology;2000, Vol. 42 Issue 1/2, p287
Studies the anaerobic treatability of landfill leachate from two municipal landfill sites. Measurement of the solid retention times in anaerobic sequencing batch reactors; Variation in the influent chemical oxygen demand of the upflow sludge blanket reactor.
- Aerobic /Anoxic treatment of leachate from an active unlined landfill site: A case study. Al Yaqout, Anwar F. // Journal of Engineering Research (2307-1877);Sep2015, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p1
In this study, environmental investigations were conducted on the leachate collected from Al-Sulaibiya landfill site, Kuwait, to evaluate the leachate quality and treatment using aerobic/anoxic biological reactors in order to determine the degradation of organics and transformation of nitrogen....
- Assessment of Abandoned Unsanitary Landfills in Rural Areas of Ningbo, China. Yi-Dong Guan; Ye-Hong Du; Hong-Fang Ji; An-Cheng LUO; Bing-Wen Zhao // Asian Journal of Chemistry;2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p1185
This paper reports the characteristics and the pollution status of the abandoned unsanitary landfill which were widespread in the southeast countryside of China. The results show there were at least 100 unsanitary landfills in Ningbo and the waste accumulated was estimated to I be equal to the...
- Treatment of landfill leachates: aerobic bio-oxidation and post-ozonation. Kamenev, Inna; Pikkov, Lui; Kallas, Juha // Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, Chemistry;Jun2002, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p118
The purpose of the study was to improve the purification process of landfill leachate. Aerobic bio-oxidation of landfill leachate and post-ozonation of biologically treated leachate were studied. The results of experiments indicate that aerobic bio-oxidation is efficient for purifying young...
- Aerobic bio-oxidation combined with ozonation in the treatment of landfill leachates. Kamenev, Inna; Pikkov, Lui; Kallas, Juha // Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences, Chemistry;Sep2002, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p148
The objective of the study was to improve an aerobic bio-oxidation process of landfill leachates. Two processes were studied: aerobic bio-oxidation combined with ozonation in a recirculation system (repetitive sequential aerobic bio-oxidation-ozone treatment) and aerobic bio-oxidation combined...
- The Use of Landfill Leachate for the Recovery of Fine Coal by Froth Flotation. Hall, S T // Coal International;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p22
Focuses on the use of landfill leachate in recovering coal by froth flotation. Chemical content of landfill leachate; Wastewater treatment technologies applied to landfill leachate; How aerobic biological processes can help reduce the chemical oxygen demand (COD) and biochemical oxygen demand...
- Liner material absorbs heavy metals. Leonard, John // Waste News;06/29/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p23
Reports that a material developed by the United States National Aeronautics Space Administration (NASA), called Crystal 2100 may help solve leachate problems at landfills. Features of the product; Benefits of using Crystal 2100.
- Toxic effect of landfill leachate on microalgae Cheung, K. C.; Chu, L. M.; Wong, M. H. // Water, Air & Soil Pollution;Aug1993, Vol. 69 Issue 3/4, p337
No abstract available.