- Let the conversation flow. Knapp, Bill // World Wastes;Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p19
Comments on an article on management advising managers to use their working time's monetary value as a benchmark as to how much time to devote to that person. Tips on communication; Avoiding misunderstandings.
- Addressing the issue of good communication. Black, Octavius // People Management;07/25/96, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p44
Looks at how different definitions of communication competency affect managerial effectiveness, training and appraisals. Definition of communication competency; Status of communication competency training in management development programs; How communication competencies are frequently...
- The time when we ponder our futures is upon us once again. Wage, Kathryn // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/05/98, Issue 322247, p23
Opinion. Reflects on changes affecting workplace communications. Impact of the aging of the Baby Boomer generation on workforce; Trend of globalization; Changes in communication channels.
- Communicate and negotiate. Schorer, Marianne // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/10/98, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p11
Emphasizes the importance of open communication lines between the management and employees. Coaching tips for communicating with employees with strong personalities.
- Watch what you say. Brandt, John // Industry Week/IW;1/22/96, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p6
Advises executives to avoid using words that could have negative impact on the corporate culture. Need for caution in describing project-management responsibilities in terms of hammers; Care in the use of war-themed management books; Expected impact of battlefield tactics on employees.
- 10 commandments of communication. // PHC Profit Report;7/15/95, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p7
Gives tips for managers on communicating with their employees.
- Top tips of the week. // PHC Profit Report;4/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p3
Presents tips on communicating change-order procedures to field personnel.
- Learning styles--a practical tool for improved communications. Taylor, Jackie // Supervision;Feb95, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p6
Discusses the necessity of developing learning styles for improvement of communications skills. Combination of visual and verbal cues in presentations; Techniques for a tactile audience; Importance of participation and feedback.
- Learn to communicate on a one-to-one basis. // Supervision;Oct95, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p9
Presents criteria in determining the method of managers when communicating with their employees. Holding interviews in private; Accessibility of manager to employees; Encouraging criticisms.
- Eight tips for good communicators/managers. // Supervision;Nov96, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p16
Presents tips for effective communication by managers. Manager credibility; Importance of communicating within the workplace context; Explanation of the significance of messages.