- GUIDE TO HELPING THE PLANET HEAL. // Jack & Jill;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p7
The article provides tips on how to protect the environment which include throwing trash in trash cans, recycling and turning off lights not in use to save energy.
- Environmental stewards. Thompson, Karen // South Carolina Business;1993, Vol. 13, p70
Features organizations working to safeguard the environmental health of South Carolina. Aiken city's curbside collection program for recyclables; Rock Hill city's recycling program volunteers; Westinghouse Fortin's reduction and recycling programs; Rubberized asphalt demonstration project of...
- A party for the Earth. Pendleton, Devora T. // U.S. Kids;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p30
Relates an innovative party advocating recycling for environmental protection, organized by brothers William Pendleton and Jason Nehila. Highlights of the brothers' summer recycling parties; Recycling projects undertaken.
- Better Collection Systems, Sorting Would Improve Recycling. // Official Board Markets;1/14/2012, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on the GreenBlue's release of the report titled "Closing the Loop: Road Map for Effective Material Value Recovery," which examines various material recovery systems around the world, with an aim to inform U.S. policies and approach.
- You Can Help Earth in Many Way. // Weekly Reader - Pre K;Apr2009, Vol. 29, p2
Photographs of several ways of taking care of the Earth including waste recycling, tree planting, and turning off the lights are presented.
- Few Holes in Switzerland's Recycling Program. Burdick, Jeff // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p10
Discusses Switzerland's program for recycling household waste. Key to the success of the program; Way to reduce reliance on foreign energy; Emission produced from illegal burning of waste in the country.
- Colts promote recycling awareness. // Free Press (Buda, TX);12/8/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 36, p3B
The article reports on Carpenter Hill Elementary students' promotion of environmental awareness through its recycling campaign in Texas.
- Green City Award winners announced. // Waste & Recycling News;4/2/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p0001
The article announces the winners of the 2012 Waste and Recycling News Green City Awards including San Jose, California, Bellevue, Washington and Whitting.
- Recycling boosts the economy. // Pollution Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p8
Reports the importance of recycling on the environment and on the economy in the United States. Number of recycling and re-use establishments; Support of Recycling Economic Information Study on recycling; Solution for pollution, greenhouse gas emissions and energy.