Now you're cooking: New uses for old appliances
- Old appliances get a new lease on life. J.A. G. // Popular Science;Jan97, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p32
Discusses efforts to salvage stable plastics from appliances that are thrown away. The number of tons of appliances thrown away annually in the United States; The efforts of Appliance Recycling Centers of America (ARCA) and the US Department of Energy; Plans to open a...
- APPLIANCE RECYCLING CENTERS OF AMERICA. // Appliance Manufacturer;Sep2002, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the contract signed by the Appliance Recycling Center of America Inc. to recycle inefficient freezers in California.
- New life for SHREDDED PLASTIC WASTE. Hoffman, Jean M. // Machine Design;2/7/2008, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p55
The article features the advanced recycling process develop at Argonne National Laboratory in the U.S. that help return shredded plastic scrap into regenerated plastics with properties nearly equivalent to the original material. Over 95% of the over 50 million vehicles scrapped globally each...
- ARCA, GE expand appliance recycling program. Gerlat, Allan // Waste Age Expert Blog;9/15/2011, p1
The article announces that Appliance Recycling Centers of America Inc. (ARCA) and GE Appliances & Lighting have doubled their recycling offers from six to 12 states in the U.S. Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions as part of the Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) program.
- ARCA, GE to recover foam. Smith-Teutsch, Amanda // Waste & Recycling News;2/21/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p2
The article reports that Appliance Recycling Centers of America Inc. (ARCA) and GE Appliances & Lighting are partnering to recover insulation foam from old refrigerators from landfills. Under the partnership, GE will supply used appliances to ARCA's regional recycling center in Pennsylvania,...
- Industry & Supplier News. // Resource Recycling;Feb2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p46
The article offers news briefs related to the recycling industry in the U.S. The Appliance Recycling Centers of America Inc. has won a contract to provide the customers of Southern Maryland Electrical Cooperative (SMECO) with freezer and refrigerator recycling services from January 4, 2010 to...
- New York Utility's Rebate Program to Be Serviced by Appliance Recycling Centers. // Solid Waste Report;5/31/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p7
The article reports that recycling services for the appliance recycling and rebate program of the Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corp. of New York will be supplied by the Appliance Recycling Centers of America, Inc.
- HWSA Interview: Edward Cameron. // Hazardous Waste/Superfund Alert;1/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p3
An interview with Edward Cameron, chief executive officer (CEO) of Appliance Recycling Centers of America Inc. (ARCA), is presented. He describes ARCA as a recycler of major household appliances for the energy conservation programs of electric utilities in the U.S. He mentions the effort of ARCA...
- SWR Interview: Edward Cameron. // Solid Waste Report;9/12/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p3
An interview with Edward R. Cameron, president and chief executive officer of Appliance Recycling Centers of America Inc. (ARCA), is presented. He explains that ARCA recovers toxic chemicals and environmentally harmful materials. He shares that ARCA will provide in-home collection of qualifying...