ASME offers waste management scholarships
- ASME to award scholarships. // Machine Design;10/24/94, Vol. 66 Issue 20, p138
Reports on the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Solid Waste Processing Division's scholarship programs. Eligibility; Contact information.
- Window cleaning safety. // Journal of Property Management;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p64
Reports that the American Society of Mechanical Engineers International has proposed a revision of its A39 Standard. Effects of the changes on building owners; Who should established window cleaning procedures. INSET: Using key control..
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers symposium. // Airpower Journal;Spring91, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p93
Announces the American Society of Mechanical Engineers' symposium on arms control and verification slated for May 21-22, 1991 in New Mexico.
- Mechanical engineers seek nominees for safety award. // Professional Safety;Aug95, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the search by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) for nominees for the 1996 ASME-Triodyne Safety Award. Contact information.
- ASME publishes overall powerplant PTC. Swanekamp, Robert // Power;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 142 Issue 1, p18
Highlights the first performance test code (PTC) of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers published more than 100 years ago. Details on the explicit provided for determining efficiency of individual plant component; Contact information.
- Engineers call for papers. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug94, Vol. 122 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the call for papers issued by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers for its 1995 fall technical conference. Topics; Deadline for submission.
- ASME formalizes technical exchange. // PM Engineer;Jan95, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p65
Reports on formalization by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) of programs of technical exchange with scientific organizations in Columbia, Romania and Singapore. Background information; Implications; Expectations.
- Increased R&D urged on hypersonic plane. Wingo, Walter // Design News;8/2/93, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p18
Reports on the National Aerospace Plane (NASP) task force findings by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Review of NASP program and competing proposal for a National Orbital Research Airplane (NORA); Air-breathing single-stage-to-orbit (SSTO) potential; NORA's ability to achieve SSTO;...
- ASME sponsors FEA forum. // Design News;10/18/93, Vol. 49 Issue 20, p52
Reports on the American Society of Mechanical Engineers public service MechEng BBS's free public forum in New York in 1993 for discussion among engineers using finite element analysis software. Covered disciplines; Postings; MechEng's download libraries for Macintosh.