- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p6
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the United States refuse disposal industry.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p14
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the refuse disposal industry of the United States. Eastern Environmental Services' acquisition of the rights to operate Sanitary District No. 1 in New York City; Republic Industries Inc.'s acquisition of National Serv-All.
- News briefs. // World Wastes;Jul97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p22
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the United States refusal disposal industry.
- Public sector watches deal warily. Greczyn, Mary // Waste News;03/16/98, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the response of the public-sector to the proposed acquisition agreement of USA Waste Services Incorporated and Waste Management Incorporated. Concerns of some observers on the acquisition; Compares the operations of the two waste management firms; Comments by key individuals on the...
- An unusual seller's market. France, Steve // Waste News;04/20/98, Vol. 3 Issue 49, p9
Opinion. Comments on acquisitions and merger activity in the waste management industry in the United States. Reference to Casella Waste Systems Incorporated and Waste Industries Incorporated; What selling represents for businesses.
- Allied and Republic complete purchases. // Waste News;01/06/97, Vol. 2 Issue 33, p23
Reports on two waste industry acquisitions made on December 30, 1996. Laidlaw Incorporated's acquisition by Allied Waste Industries Incorporated; Purchasing price Allied paid for Laidlaw; Acquisition of Continental Waste Industries Incorporated by Republic Industries Incorporated; Number of...
- Acquisitions. // World Wastes;Oct97, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p6
Reports on acquisition activities in the waste management industry as of October 1997. Includes American Disposal Service's purchase of the outstanding stock of the Fred B. Barbara Cos.; Svedala Recycling Division's acquisition of Lindemann Recycling Equipment Inc.; Eastern Environmental...
- Giants lead in spending despite declining profits. Truini, Joe // Waste News;06/23/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p9
Presents information on mergers and acquisitions in respect to solid waste companies in the United States. Impact of acquisitions and mergers on large companies; Details on how some companies' profits were boosted; Statistical information on their spendings and losses.
- Acquisition. // World Wastes;Nov98, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p7
Focuses on the several acquisitions of Roseville, California-based waste management firm Waste Connections Inc.