Don't let oil be a financial drain
- Import factory bulletins. // Motor Age;Dec97, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p46
Presents information on the maintenance of various model vehicles. Details on cruise control maintenance of all 1995 90, A4, A6 and Cabrio models from Audi; What causes increased effort to engage the reverse gear in various models from Hyundai; Speculation on what causes improper engine...
- Domestic factory bulletins. // Motor Age;Dec97, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p48
Presents information on the maintenance of motor vehicles featured in various models by manufacturers. What can cause various drivability problems in all 1992 '94 Buick Skylark, Oldsmobile Achieva, and Pontiac Grand Am models by General Motors; How to correct leaking fluid through the vent tube...
- Pushing the limits--safely. Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Jun97, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p49
Focuses on the maximization of the maintenance intervals of motor vehicle fleets. Recommended oil drain intervals for Mack trucks; Injector and nozzle checkups; Drain intervals for coolants; Function of supplemental coolant additives; Issues of concerning extended oil drains; Oil filter change...
- keeping Your Focus. Smith, Jim // Fleet Equipment;Aug2007, Vol. 33 Issue 8, Special section p1
The article discusses various stories and topics discussed within the issue, including application-specific and fuel-efficient new and retreaded tires and reminders on the importance of tire maintenance for fleet managers.
- Precision pulling and measuring. Molla, Tony; Barone, Charlie // Automotive Body Repair News;Oct99, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p63
Explains the application of precision pulling and measuring strategies for repairing motor vehicles. Strategies for selecting the right equipment for the jobs; Differences of the four general types of computerized measuring systems; Multi-point capability pulling system for unibody vehicles.
- Ignore your vehicle and it will ignore you. // Asian Pacific Post;4/26/2012, p19
The article offers tips to Canadians on maintaining their vehicles and maximizing their road performance.
- Check solenoids annually. // Fleet Equipment;Apr97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
Offers solutions to solenoid valve problems of motor vehicles. Annual pressure testing of valves; Valve replacement.
- Software selection. Golubski, Paula // Fleet Equipment;Apr97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p112
Presents a chart reflecting up-to-date information of software programs addressing vehicle maintenance as of April 1997. Includes tire control; Mechanic productivity; Fuel cost reporting; Contact information.
- Back to zero. Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Oct97, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p29
Part II. Provides tips for the upkeep and repair of steer axle alignment in motor vehicles. Construction of steer axles to its own camber specification; Research regarding optimum camber of axles and tire wear as they relate to the trucking industry; Changes in vehicle technology that warrant...