Get out and be seen
- On The Up. // NZ Marketing Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p2
Forecasts the communications spending of trade shows and exhibitions for the years 2000 to 2005.
- Trade Woes Plague Italy. Macchioni, Phyllis // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/24/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 101, p16
Reports on the challenges facing manufacturers and trade show organizers in Italy in 2000. Business concerns in the second half of the year; Adverse impact of high import duties; Slow growth in Asia; Trade prospects for 2000.
- Thoughts of spring. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/14/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 49, p12
Features some of the textile trends for spring 1996 expected at the 1995 International Fashion Fabric Exhibition (IFFE) in New York City. Use of high tech fabrics.
- Stores talk spring. Gordon, Maryellen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/28/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 61, p4
Reports on retailers' and vendors' reactions over the 1993 Fashion Coterie at the Plaza Hotel in New York. Heavy buying from retailers and vendors; Strong reputation among stores specializing in contemporary and bridge merchandise; Show as boasting important lines retailers like to preview;...
- Virtual trade shows await their turn. Axelson, Barbara // B to B;03/05/2001, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p23
Discusses the possible impact that virtual trade shows will have in the long-term. Need for a virtual trade show to have value on its own to be successful; Major show organizers' investigation of ways online technologies may affect their business; Online-only events initiated by publishing...
- Paris looking to solid spring. Weisman, Katherine; Weil, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/26/1997, Vol. 174 Issue 102, p16
Reports that European trade show organizers are bullish about their spring sessions. Forecast of solid attendance; Modest estimate in sales; Retail categories with strong performance during trade shows held in the first three quarters of 1997; Effect of Asian economic problems with the European...
- 20/20 foresight. // U.S. News & World Report;2/15/93, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p28
Presents some of the predictions from social commentators who on the occasion of the 1893 Chicago's World Fair, known as the World's Columbian Exposition, looked 100 years into the future, and their essays are published in American & World Geographic Publishing's book `Today Then.' The future...
- Hopes and fears of pioneers. LoPiccolo, Phil // Computer Graphics World;Sep98, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p6
Deals with the issue of the future of computer graphics which was a topic of discussion at the 25th anniversary SIGGRAPH conference held in July 1998. Issues about the future of technology that were addressed at the conference; Speakers at the event.
- Asian Invasion. Murphy, Tom; Schweinsberg, Christie; Mayne, Eric; Miller, Steve; Diem, William // Ward's Auto World;Jan2006, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p14
The article previews the 2006 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, Michigan. A change in preparations of automobile companies General Motors Corp. Ford Motor Co. and the Chrysler Group is noted. Forecast on industry trends during the event is presented.