Flying the fashion flag
- World's sidewalk styles top `Catwalk' fashions. Chaddock, Gail Russell // Christian Science Monitor;1/31/95, Vol. 87 Issue 45, p14
Reviews the exhibitions on fashion as of January 31, 1995. `A History of Jeans: 1750-1994,' at the Palais Galliera in Paris through March 12, 1995; `Street Style: From Sidewalk to Catwalk,' at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London through February 19, 1995.
- CPD show calendar. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/1/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 20, WWDCPD Dusseldorf p10
Presents the agenda of activities at the CPD exhibition of women's clothing in August 1995 in Dusseldorf, Germany.
- See the show. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Aug1995 Supplement, Vol. 170 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the holding of the WWD/MAGIC International show on August 28-31, 1995 at the Las Vegas Hilton Hotel Convention Complex in Nevada. Convergence of international retailers and exhibitors representing all store types; Schedules of seminars and events.
- Juniors: From fem to future. Welsh, Alice // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Aug1995 Supplement, Vol. 170 Issue 32, p18
Reports on holiday and resort trends according to junior manufacturers in light of the WWD/MAGIC International show on August 28-31, 1995 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Return of clothes to bright colors; Retention of body-conscious looks and shine; Dominant influence of clean lines and shapes of the...
- Modes of seduction. Schama, Simon // New Yorker;12/18/95, Vol. 71 Issue 41, p100
Reviews the exhibition of haute couture at the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute in New York City.
- It's showtime! // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;Jan96 Supplement, Vol. 171 Issue 10, p4
Highlights the Women's Wear Daily (WWD)/ Magic International in Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas Hilton Convention Complex, Nevada from January 30 to February 2, 1996. Calendar of events; Performance by magician David Copperfield; Cirque du Soleil's `Mystere'; Concert featuring Rod Stewart.
- Va-va-va-vroom. Lange, Alexandra // New York;08/11/97, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p73
Reviews the exhibition `Driving Fashion: Automobile Fabrics of the 1950s,' at the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
- Retailers seek soft, easy spring. Ozzard, Janet // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/13/93, Vol. 166 Issue 51, p22
Highlights the Fashion Coterie trade show in New York, New York. Date of show; Colors; Trends; Retailers preferred styles. INSET: Keeping the... (ENK Productions), by Arthur Friedman..
- Dress circle. Tobias, Tobi // New York;10/13/97, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p121
Reviews the exhibition `Fifty Years of Fashion: New Look to Now,' at the Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology until January 10, 1998.
- Stores eye colors, separates. Pogoda, Dianne M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/21/96, Vol. 171 Issue 35, p17
Focuses on the plans of various fashion designers for the 1996 Fashion Coterie. Retailers' spending plans for 1996; Interest in unusual dresses; Shift in dressing to a more relaxed style; Interest in fresh-looking merchandise.