Progress for Abu Dhabi with ADIEC
- Professional and Social Networking Groups and Resources. // United Arab Emirates Career Guide;2011, p48
The article features several professional and social networking groups and resources in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The Abu Dhabi Business Women Council was created by the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry which aims to maintain the role played by Abu Dhabi businesswomen. The...
- A symbol of change. Irish, John // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/2/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 48, p41
The article focuses on changes in the economic policy in the United Arab Emirates as a result of political reforms and economic diversification. The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce & Industry will elect two foreign and women members of its board. The government of Abu Dhabi has launched...
- Opening the door to democracy. Robson, Victoria // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/9/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 49, p6
This article discusses the emergence of democracy in the Middle East. The United Arab Emirates got its first taste of democracy in the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce (ADCCI) elections just days after Federal National Council (FNC) elections were announced. Candidates inevitably made the link...
- Abu Dhabi prepares to rock the vote. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/21/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 42, p64
This article reports that plans have been unveiled for elections to the board of directors of the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce & Industry in October 2005. Its honorary president Shaikh Sultan bin Khalifa is son of Abu Dhabi ruler Shaikh Khalifa. Chambers manage relations between local firms and...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/2/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 48, p30
The article presents news briefs related to economic development in the Middle East as of December 2005. General Electric acquired a space at the Qatar Science & Technology Park in Doha. The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry approved 117 nominations for the election of its board of...
- Space shortage predicted for UK. Cook, Alyson // Marketing Event;Feb97, p7
Focuses on a report predicting a shortage in exhibition space in Great Britain. Failure to meet increasing demand for exhibition space; Opportunity for unusual venues to meet demand for events; Wider price range for organizers.
- Wembley lines up major IT upgrade. White, Sara // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec2000, p13
Reports on the plans of Wembley Conference Centre in England to provide Internet high-speed data throughout the complex. Results of the review of the complex's technical facilities; Impact of the plans on organizers of special events.
- L'architecture parlante. Stephens, S. // Architectural Record;Aug1989, Vol. 177 Issue 9, p57
Reviews the recently completed Canadian Centre for Architecture in Montreal, designed by Montreal architect Peter Rose, in collaboration with the Centre's founder and director Phyllis Lambert.
- Networking: Art exhibit spaces. Mulder, Karen L. // Christianity Today;4/8/96, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p83
Lists a sampling of exhibition spaces which welcome art involving Christian themes. Contact information.