Opel at Geneva motor show
- Opel, VW to slash assembly time. Wright, Chris // Automotive Industries;May95, Vol. 175 Issue 5, p26
Reports the plans of Volkswagen (VW) and Opel to reduce vehicle assembly time, as disclosed in the Geneva Auto Show in 1995. Dispute between GM and VW over the former's Opel Maxx concept; VW's production expansion plans.
- Opel G90 hints at future direction. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;9/20/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5838, p47
Reports that Adam Opel AG unveiled its G90 concept car at the 1999 Frankfurt Motor Show in Germany. Lightweight construction; High fuel economy; Ultra-low emissions; Costliness of building the G90 as a production car; Opel's lack of expertise in manufacturing an aluminum space-frame vehicle;...
- Frankfurt Show report. Glover, Maurice; Kimberley, William // Automotive Engineer;Oct97, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p20
Reports on automobiles exhibited at Frankfurt Motor Show held in Germany in 1997. Launch of super-compact car Smart from automobile manufacturer MMC AG; Features of Smart; Introduction of Al[sub2] having advanced aluminium bodywork technology by automobile manufacturer Audi AG; Exhibition of...
- Glitz and glamour mask anxiety. McVeigh, Paul // Automotive News Europe;9/22/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p26
Highlights the Internationale Automobile Ausstellung 2003 show in Frankfurt, Germany. Key to the recovery of the European automobile industry; Design directions revealed by Opel and Ford Motor Co.; Concerns underlying the show over continuing decline in sales.
- NEWS: FLASH. // AutoWeek;7/28/2003, Vol. 53 Issue 30, p3
The article presents various developments related to automobile industry. Honda is improving its coupe lineup by adding a performance package for the 2003 Honda Accord V6 Coupe and increasing availability of the Civic Coupe Factory Performance package. Opel AG's fifth-generation Astra, the...
- Green theme soars. // Automotive News;9/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5517, p7
Highlights Adam Opel AG's use of environmental themes in its marketing strategy. Use of live trees as background; Concept cars set on lily pads.
- Opel execs resign in wake scandal. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;7/24/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5615, p1
Reports on the resignation of three top officials of the Germany-based Adam Opel AG as a move to defuse mounting political and public pressure on the kickback scandals with suppliers the executives were implicated. Investigation of corruption charges; Categories of the accused; Issuance of...
- Europe's most efficient plant. // Automotive News;8/14/1995, Vol. 69 Issue 5618, p1
Reports on the efficiency of the GM Adam Opel AG auto plant in Eisenach, Germany, according to a study conducted by Economist Intelligent Unit in London, England. Output of Fiat Auto's greenfield plant at Melfi, Italy; Rating received by Opel's plant at Russelsheim, Germany.
- Opel's sales soar under Yanase. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;3/8/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5489, p8
Reports on the increase in car sales of Opel cars in its first two months under Yanase & Co., sole distributor of Adam Opel AG in Japan. Previous sales record under different distributor; Sales statistics; Projections.