N.Y. Dept. Says It Is Probing Allegations That Some Life Insurers May Be Playing Race Card
- New York Launches Life Ins. Race Bias Probe. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/12/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 24, p45
Reports that the New York Insurance Department has launched its own investigation of racial discrimination in life insurance pricing. Message of the Circular Letter Number 19 issued by Neil Levin, the state insurance superintendent; Role of the Florida Insurance Department in the move of New York.
- N.Y. Senate confirms Levin nomination by unanimous vote. // Insurance Advocate;05/24/97, Vol. 108 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the confirmation of Neil D. Levin, a former New York Banking Superintendent as Superintendent of Insurance in the state.
- N.Y. Dept. Adopts Internet Guidelines For Producer Advertising, Referrals, Solicitations. // Insurance Advocate;02/10/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the announcement of Neil D. Levin, New York Superintendent of Insurance on the guidelines issued by the department on the application of the New York Insurance Law to insurance advertisers. Details on the guidelines for advertisement, referrals and solicitations over the Internet.
- N.Y. superintendent Levin angers department employees. // Insurance Advocate;01/17/98, Vol. 109 Issue 3, p2
No abstract available.
- Supt. Levin under fire from staff. Carbajal Jr., Michael // Insurance Advocate;01/24/98, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p14
Comments on the accusations being published by a group employees at the New York Department of Insurance aimed to demean Superintendent Neil Levin. Claims on Levin's role as both heads of the insurance and banking departments; Levin's plans to reduce civil service positions; Levin's practice of...
- Some review of charges in underground `newsletter'... Levy, Emanuel // Insurance Advocate;03/28/98, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p3
Reviews volumes 3 and 4 of the `Insurance Newsletter,' the underground publication evidently being produced inside the New York Insurance Department. Comparison of the materials with the previous two issues; Complaints of the writers against Insurance Superintendent Neil Levin; Other issues...
- N.Y. superintendent announces added distribution to health insurers to curb rate increases. // Insurance Advocate;12/12/98, Vol. 109 Issue 49, p30
Reports that Neil Levin, New York Superintendent of Insurance, has ordered the distribution of $39 million to New York health insurers to curb increases in 1999 rates for individual and small group policyholders. Total payment to be distributed by the department; Introduction of the...
- N.Y. Dept. Now Instructing Life Insurers On Assessment Of Potential Short Term Cash Needs. // Insurance Advocate;12/11/99, Vol. 110 Issue 49, p26
Reports that the Insurance Department of New York is instructing its life insurers to provide information to assess their potential short-term cast requirements. What prompted the order; Information on Circular Letter No. 35.
- Coventry Wins Big Against Hancock. Hersch, Warren S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/4/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 7, p14
The article discusses the decision of officers of the State Insurance Department in the case of Coventry First LLC against John Hancock Life insurance Co. USA that could affect the life settlements involving conversions of term life insurance policies in New York.