- United News & Media PLC. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;8/26/96 Supplement Creators, Vol. 364 Issue 4, p52
Profiles United News and Media PLC. Company background; Business operations; Financial performance.
- United News & Media. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;08/25/97 Supplement, Vol. 368 Issue 3, p40
Features media and entertainment company United News & Media. Formation of the company via the merger of MAI and United Newspapers; Launch of a bid to takeover HTV; Accumulation of a portfolio of film investments; Plans for a joint venture with Warner Bros.
- United News and Media has announced pre-tax profits... // Campaign;09/12/97, Issue 37, p3
Reports on the increase in the pre-tax profits of United News and Media for six months, ended June 30, 1997. Broadcasting profits; Consumer publishing division.
- P&O claims increase in ferry business for 2002. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/27/2002, Issue 2515, p26
Reports on the increase in the ferry bookings of P&O Group in 2002. Losses posted by the company in 2001 due to the foot-and-mouth epidemic; Information on the near redundancy of shore staff; Expansion plans of the company.
- P&O links to Quantum. // Marketing Event;Sep97, p4
Reports on P&O Events' acquisition of a five million British-pound stake in Quantum Publishing. Other shareholders at Quantum; Plan of P&0 Events for Quantum; Reactions on the acquisition.
- Bovis for sale. // International Construction;Oct98, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the plan of British P&O to sell its Bovis Construction subsidiary.
- New media investment no guarantee of new health. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;3/2/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p17
Comments on United News & Media's announcement of plans to invest millions of pounds in the Internet. Details of the planned Internet investment; Possible reasons behind the decline the company's share price following the announcement; Outlook for United and its shareholders.
- DON'T BANK ON INTERNET SUCCESS. Heller, Robert // Management Today;Apr2000, p32
Comments on developments related to electronic commerce as of April 2000. Great Britain-based United News and Media's plan to launch its Internet business enterprise; Weaknesses of some companies' Internet business strategies.
- United News & Media may enter UK cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/11/97, Vol. 127 Issue 33, p38
Focuses on United News & Media's assessment of a possible foray into British cable television to create a $1.6 billion rival to Cable and Wireless Communications. Plan to take a minority stake in the cable firm that would be formed from a merger of Telewest Communications and NTL.