Beefeater bash at Boat Race
- An oarsome race. // In Britain;Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p7
Features the 1995 Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race. Schedule of the race; Competition for the Beefeater Gin Trophy; Boat race as an amateur sport challenge which hasn't changed since 1829.
- TV highlights. // Morning Advertiser;3/3/2011, Issue 530, p48
The article presents a list that shows TV highlights for the March 2011 including a cricket match between Bangladesh and England, rugby union between Scotland and Italy and boat race between Oxford and Cambridge.
- Oxford v Cambridge: the Xchanging Boat Race 2011. Harding, Danny // Morning Advertiser;3/3/2011, Issue 530, p49
The article offers information on the 2011 annual Boat Race between English universities Oxford and Cambridge.
- Who Won. // Time;
The article reports on the victories of Oxford, England coxswain James Rogers and skier Marielle Goitschel in winning the 112th Annual Dark Blue-Light Blue Crew Race and the Werner Cup of the American International Team Ski Championship in Sun Valley, Idaho, respectively. It says that the...
- Oxbridge boats fitted with GPS technology. // Electronics Weekly;3/20/2002, Issue 2044, p2
Reports on the 2002 Oxford and Cambridge boat race in England that will carry Global Positioning System receivers. Plan of QinetiQ to install equipment that will transmit boat position and speed; Television coverage of the event; Details on how the stroke rate will be measured.
- Optical group helps focus boat race crew. // Optometry Today;3/27/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the eye-testing services provided by Braintree, England-based Sports Vision Services to 30 members of Cambridge's Blue and Goldie squads in preparation for their participation in the Boat Race against Oxford in March 2009. The crew also received advice from the eye...
- THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW DON'T NEED TO KNOW: ON ENDOGENOUS AGENCY IN TRADITIONAL INSTITUTIONS. DE ROND, MARK // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2010, p1
The purpose of this work is to systematically develop a micro-level understanding of endogenous agency in a highly institutionalized, stable setting as a basis for a general institutional theory of action. Using an ethnographic account of Cambridge's 2007 season preparations for the annual...
- BE HERE NOW. Bezdek, Bianca // Best Life;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p37
Presents the schedule of events related to the entertainment and leisure industry in March 2005. Casino night party in Aspen, Colorado; Winter Music Conference in Miami, Florida; 151st Annual Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race in Putney, England; Feria de Abril in Seville, Spain.
- Allied Domecq eyes Asian `weakness.'. // Advertising Age;12/16/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 51, p36
Tells that Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine has reorganized its management in the Asia Pacific to address the company's acknowledged weakness there. Creation of new top-level positions; Names of new employees.