Cashing in at Confex
- TourExpo: Learn and earn! Deutsch, Martin B. // Travel Agent;10/14/96, Vol. 283 Issue 9, p24
No abstract available.
- ON THE AGENDA. // Travel Agent;05/14/2001, Vol. 304 Issue 2, p38
Lists meetings, conferences and workshops scheduled for and by the travel and tourism industries between May and June 2001. 2001 Cruisefest West of the American Society of Travel Agents; New York University Hospitality Industry Investment Conference; Vacation.com's Third Annual International...
- On the Agenda. Sherman, Jocelyn // Travel Agent;03/06/2000, Vol. 298 Issue 11, p126
Features tourist industry-related trade shows, workshops and seminars as well as meetings and conferences that will be held in the United States. Seminars to be conducted by Destination Ventures Ltd. to familiar agents with the Riviera Maya region; Dinner meeting to be held by the New England...
- Meeting in Miami. Cogswell, David // Travel Agent;07/01/96, Vol. 281 Issue 6, p38
Reports on the TourExpo '96,a trade show aimed at promoting the importance of tour products. Event sponsors; Availability of reduced air rates for attending travel agents; Contact information.
- Liverpool set for new image. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec98, p8
Talks about the image launched by the Mersey Partnership for Liverpool, England at the World Travel Market in November 1998. Strategy designed to shift the focus of the show back towards the retail travel agent; Details on the product trail where agents had to answer product questions to get a...
- WTM success mirrors industry's growth. Hasek, Glenn // Hotel & Motel Management;12/13/93, Vol. 208 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the success of the November 1993 World Travel Market tourism-trade fair in London, England. Demonstration on how regions of the world are increasing their economic dependence on tourism industry; Development and marketing plans of hotel companies in attendance at the fair.
- Tourism/travel awards recognize state's best. // South Carolina Business Journal;Mar94, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
Highlights the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce awards presented at the Governor's Conference on Tourism and Travel held February 4, 1996 in Columbia, South Carolina. Palmetto International Exposition Center as winner of the Governor's Cup; Most outstanding tourism event or festival in towns;...
- WTM fees row set to escalate. Macefield, Sara // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/10/2002, Issue 2517, p4
Reports the threat of tourist boards in Great Britain to boycott the World Travel Market in 2002 in a dispute over exhibitor charges. Warnings of the Association of National Tourist Representatives regarding the dispute; Countries that protested the change in the venue of the World Travel Market.
- Cancun Mexico Travel Mart set. Arellano, Luisa Esquiroz // Travel Agent;10/06/97, Vol. 288 Issue 1, Cancun/Cozumel p8
Provides information on the 1997 tourist trade exhibition Cancun Mexico Travel Mart to be held in Cancun, Mexico on October 26-28, 1997. Inclusion of other Mexican destinations and the neighboring countries of the Mundo Maya in the exhibit; Special rates offered by the Cancun Hotel Association;...