In pursuit of country life
- COME FOR THE FOOD AND ALL THE FUN AT THE IOWA: STATE FAIR. Berry, Deborah Geigis; Weschler, Michael // Country Living;Aug2005, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p121
Presents information related to the Iowa State Fair.
- Tulare's farm equipment show now largest agricultural trade show. Orr, Jim // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/17/97, Issue 322226, p1
Announces the expansion of the California Farm Equipment Show and International Exposition to overtake a biannual show in France as the world's largest agricultural trade show. Record sale of exhibit spaces; Increase in national farm equipment sales; Projected number of exhibitors; Budget for...
- A fair to remember. Nicksin, Carole // Country Journal;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p52
Reports on county fairs taking place in summer of 1998 across rural North America. Features of a county fair in Nevada County; History of fairs; Famous foods at each fair in different regions; Attractions in fairs. INSETS: Bringing home the blue, by Joann Woy;Fair play for fair day, by Joann Woy.
- Attendance boost at fair. Raphael, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;9/12/94, Vol. 10 Issue 37, p2
Reports that the attendance in the 1994 Michigan State Fair was greater than in 1993.
- More popularity for llamas and loopy rides. Sappenfield, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;9/4/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 196, p3
Reports on the popularity of state fairs in the United States, and the possible reasons for the trend, including the economic downturn.
- Sponsors flock to state fair. Raphael, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;8/21/95, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p16
Reports on the companies sponsoring the 1995 Michigan State Fair.
- One convention the Indiana Convention Center missed. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/19/95, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p2A
Reports on the 1995 Farm Progress Show agricultural convention to be held at Terre Haute, Indiana. Description of the field to be used as the convention's venue; Exhibits to be featured; Contact information.
- A real show stopper! Burdon, Amanda; Pozarik, James // Australian Geographic;Apr-Jun95, Issue 42, p38
Features the agricultural events and exhibits at the 1995 Berry Show in Berry, New South Wales. Preparations; Competitions; Categories; Judging; Prizes; Winners.
- Our nation on show. // Australian Geographic;Apr-Jun95, Issue 42, p48
Describes the traditional agricultural shows and exhibitions in Australia. Histories; Participants; Competitions.