Quorn to serve up 1m samples
- Low-fat realities. // Swim Magazine;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the increased advertising for processed no-fat and low-fat foods in the United States. Lack of advertising for fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Fat-free and production friendly. McCue, Nancy // Prepared Foods;May96, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p115
Reports on the growth of lowfat and fat-free products in the consumer markets of the United States. What the growth means to snack food developers; Total retail sales of snacks; Leaders in the retail prices; Wants of health-conscious consumers; Developments by the Mantrose Bradshaw Zinsser...
- A healthier nog. // Business NH Magazine;Dec93, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p9
Introduces Stonyfield Farm's Egg Nog for fat-conscious dieters. Fat contents; Ingredients; Proceeds of profits.
- BFP, Sullivan to merge operations. // Editor & Publisher;4/8/95, Vol. 128 Issue 14, p25
Reports on BFP Holdings Corp. and Sullivan Communications Inc.'s plan to merge. Details on the letter of intent signed by both companies; Impact of the merger on the new company's workforce.
- Treasure Chest parent to acquire graphics firm. // Editor & Publisher;3/26/94, Vol. 127 Issue 13, p25
Reports that BFP Holdings Corp., the parent company of Treasure Chest Advertising Co. Inc., has signed an agreement to acquire Retail Graphics Holding Company.
- Battle of the bulge. Davies, Jennifer // Indiana Business Magazine;Jul97, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the test marketing in Indiana of snack-food products made of the fat substitute olestra. Similarity in taste with full-fat snacks; Procter & Gamble's discovery of the olestra product named Olean; Approval by the Food and Drug Administration; Controversies in the introduction of the...
- Chains lighten up. Shields, Donna; Soeder, John // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun95, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p34
Reports on the retail fat-free food business which seeks to lure health-conscious customers. Mistaken notion that fat-free food is lesser in calories; Taco Bell's new Border Lights line extension with half the fat and 20% fewer calories than original versions; Boston Market's merchandising...
- Potato starches for lowfat tortillas. McCue, Nancy // Prepared Foods;Apr97, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p56
Examines the market for lowfat tortillas in the United States. Growth trend of the tortilla market; Emergence of Mexican restaurants; Acceptance of tortillas by non-Hispanics; Healthy and easy-to-prepare nature of tortillas; Development of PenPlus tortilla blend by PenWest Foods; Key needs for...
- Novel Ingredients for Lowfat Foods. Brandt, Laura A. // Prepared Foods;Oct2000, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p49
Provides information on several lowfat foods available in supermarkets in the United States. Use of carbohydrate-based fat replacers in the formulation of lowfat foods; Details on the development of several products using grain-based fat replacers; Other products that use fat replacers.