EMI marks 100 years with music events
- Water manifold line available from EMI. // Plastics News;08/04/97, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p29
Reports on the introduction of a line of water manifolds from EMI Corporation of Ohio. Design of Compact line.
- Players line up to add spice to EMI. Baird, Roger // Marketing Week;4/30/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p18
Presents information on Equipment Manufacturing Incorporated (EMI), and some of its musical artists, emphasizing on the Spice Girls and George Michael. Speculation of EMI being up for sale; Comments from Ivor Jones, music analyst for broker Salomon Smith Barney; Reference to the growth of...
- EMI group touts its independence. Solomons, Mark // Billboard;06/06/98, Vol. 110 Issue 23, p3
Discusses the music company EMI and its financial situation. How the purchase of Polygram Inc. by the Seagram Company affected EMI; Where EMI ranks in the world market share; The demerger of one of the company's main music stores, HMV Records; EMI chairman Sir Colin Southgate's comments on the...
- EMI taps pair of prexys. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;2/19/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 57, p18
Reports employee promotions at EMI in London, England.
- EMI Music at war with itself. Pride, Dominic // Billboard;2/12/94, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the conflict within EMI Music over the issue of centralized licensing in Europe. Central licensing contract with French, German and British mechanical rights societies; Convention on January 30 to February 3, 1994; Withdrawal of 1 million copyrights from the European societies if...
- EMI Group reportedly sells Fona chain for $136 mil. Ferro, Charles // Billboard;09/06/97, Vol. 109 Issue 36, p60
Reports that Swedish venture capital company Industri Kapital has purchased the Danish music and electronics chain Fona from the EMI Group. Purchase price; Extent of Fona chain; Fona background.
- Two into three. Howard, Keith // Gramophone;1997 Special Awards Issue, Vol. 75 Issue 895, p138
Presents information on the `Digital Ear' developed by EMI company's Central Research Laboratories. Design of the system; Indepth look at the use of Digital Ear; Why the technology was developed.
- EMI's shopping list. // Gramophone;Nov96, Vol. 74 Issue 882, p11
Reports on contract signings involving EMI. Possible debut of 25 CDs; Artists re-signing contracts.
- EMI admits bid `Approach' Solomons, Mark // Billboard;05/09/98, Vol. 110 Issue 19, p6
Reports that EMI Group has received a possible offer for the company. Comments of David Chermont; The unnamed suitor's bid reflecting a 20 percent premium over the traded share price; Speculation the bidders identity; Stock buying frenzy sparked by bid.